Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

workin on a mech game

insane polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Amsterdam Hilton Hotel insane polycounter
5WqPE.jpg

for the last month or so i've been working with a few other guys on a little mech RTS in Unity. we're aiming to have everything done by the end of april. i'm the sole artist on the team which means i'm doing all the env stuff, all the mechs, UI, particles, etc.

spent the first couple weeks grounding the style and setting and gathering references but for the last two weeks i've been able to focus on actually making assets, so i think it's time to start posting them. i'm having loads of fun with it and would love to get feedback as the project develops, especially where there's still lots of time to incorporate it :)

this is the first mech i finished up,

bomber_2.jpg

bomber_3.jpg

he's on a 1024, diffuse and normal with a black and white spec (only because we're planning on just using the default unity shaders)

my general process is, I started by making a variety of modular mech parts in HP and then making lows/uving and attaching together for final bakes and texturing. here are some of the HP parts -

ZG3Pl.jpg
WOJIw.jpg
sXWSD.jpg

here's a little tanky unit -

cargo_1.jpg
cargo_2.jpg

and some environment stuff -

9LpjI.jpg
y1jaX.jpg

A9zhy.jpg
Rhwys.jpg

jwevh.jpg

i also have some foliage but 3ds viewport has some shitty alpha sorting problems, so i'll get some unity shots for those asap.

anyway, thanks for looking, feedback always appreciated :) will post up more stuff as I get the chance

Replies