Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Art Dump: Codename Games Internship

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
Hello all!

I was lucky enough to work as an Assistant Artist for Codename Games from May-August 2011. I had the pleasure to work under Vidonm "V" Medina former Senior Artist at '7 Studios', and Louis Strongin. I will be dumping what I made for Codename in this thread when more models/textures are cleared to be posted.

These vehicles were created for an unreleased downloadable console game while I was an Assistant Artist at Codename Games. Since it was a downloadable title and the file size needed to be kept small, there were constraints that we had to work within and around. The poly budgets were ~2k-3k tris, depending on the vehicle. Since these models aren’t seen up close, they were not made to FPS standards, and more to 3rd person standards. 4 diffuse textures needed to be made for the destructible vehicles, 1 for each level of damage. I had plenty of troubles getting specular looking right in Playstation Home, and specular is still one of my weakest areas.

I learned plenty about time constraints, and that in a production environment you don't always have the time to make a complete high poly and bake it down. Anyway, I'm sure there's plenty of problems and areas to improve with these, but I'm just happy to be able to show my first assets made for a studio. Any critiques will be duly noted, but changes are unlikely to be made :D

WarthogBeautyFull.jpg
WarthogFull.jpg
WarthogWiresFull.jpg
WarthogTextureFull.jpg
TankFull.jpg
TankTextureFull.jpg
ptBoatFull.jpg
ptBoatTextureFull.jpg
yamatoFull.jpg
yamatoTextureFull.jpg
RocketJeepFull.jpg
RocketJeepTextureFull.jpg