Home Unreal Engine

A couple of issues/queries

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
Hey guys!

Decided I should give UDK another look, I've used UE before, but only really for mapping, and never really played around with getting my own assets in :)

So anyway, I installed the latest beta, I've managed to import an object as a .fbx, set up a material using some tga files, and it semi works though I have a few queries:

1. What scaling does udk use? I'm used to doing stuff in CE3, where everything is set up to snap to the grid in meters and it comes into the editor fairly huge, it tiles ok, but I have to set the grid snaps fairly low.

2. Probably something obscure, but whenever I go to test my stuff in the editor, right click and hit play from here, my camera is rotating around in an anticlockwise direction??

3. I'm getting what looks to be weird compression on my textures. Heres a comparison from marmoset:
whatamidoinfwrong.jpg
I'd assume it's probably an import setting, but after playing around a bit, I can't for the life of me work out which one :)

Cheers, Jake

Replies

• DeadlyFreeze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeadlyFreeze polycounter lvl 17
    UDK is in cm by default, so 1 unreal = 1cm

no idea what's up with the camera sounds like a bug, it's not default behavior.

Normal maps are finicky in UDK, I'm assuming you have breaks in your UV's per smoothing group. Make sure your Y channel is down, and import with the TC_normalmap with compress no alpha checked. If you still have issues try the TC_normalmapuncompressed.