Home Technical Talk

Maya Settings not saving

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Orangeknight polycounter lvl 5
So I'm getting a annoying problem with Maya, it wont save my settings. I have everything setup like my grid and shelves but if I restart Maya it all goes away. The only way I could save my shelf settings is with a command, does anyone know how to fix this? Help would really be appreciated. Also one thing when I do Edit-Save Settings it only saves for the session I'm in but when I restart it defaults.

Replies

• kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 18
    Just checking, but do you shut down Maya normally? Or usually shuts down due to a crash?

Afaik Maya saves these settings when you actually shut down Maya normally. When it crashes it never gets to save these settings and therefor settings changed in that session are lost.
  • Orangeknight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orangeknight polycounter lvl 5
    yeah that would probably help, I almost never shutdown maya unless it crashes. Don't I feel stupid. :)
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    You can also have problem with your write permission. Maybe maya can't write the config files correctly. Did you tried the administrator mode with maya ?
  • MadnessImport
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This happens to me a lot
    Tried a lot to fix it but it only seems to save properly after I delete my Pref folder and just set everything again then save.

Since I now have some custom code in my usermel file i have to disable save on exit or just try to keep from over writing my preferences

Which version of Maya are you using? Not saving the preferences happens a lot in 2011 and its not just from exiting Maya incorrectly.