Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for Concept Artists!

iw5bloi8.jpg

Hey guys,

My name is Kjell Bunjes and I am the Team Leader & Art Director of the upcoming Action Adventure Mindworld: Shattered Dreams. It's a Half-Life 2 Modification. The team consists of people who are either working professionally in the industry or are ambitious to do so. We are currently looking for concept artists.

You can check the game's page right here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mindworld-shattered-dreams

You're going to work alongside with our me and receive analytical constructive critiques for your designs. Your main task is going to be the realisation of ideas via concept art and the development of various designs.

Some early concept art:
oqcnvlej.jpg

z6t25tht.jpg

96d55wj2.jpg

I usually use an embedded code to have the audio players right here, but seems like it's not allowed in this forum. So, I'll just add the links to two of our composers tracks.

Artificial Childhood Memory audio - Mindworld Game - Mod DB
Left Alone audio - Mindworld Game - Mod DB

Requirements:
• Solid and efficient workflow
• Capable of creating environments, characters or weapons
• Capable of creating multiple designs on one subject
• Strong foundation skills (perspective, color theory, composition etc.; priority may vary dependig on position)
• Teamplayer

Bonus:
• Capable of creating environments, characters and weapons
• Online portfolio
• Professional experience (single client work)
• Professional experience (working for a studio)

Information about Mindworld: Shattered Dreams:
• Release date Q3/Q4 2012
• Half-Life 2 Modification
• First out of 3 chapters
• Professional voice acting
• Professional soundtrack
• Well-organized team
• Efficient workflow in production
• Weekly updated schedules for each team member
• Strong leadership
• Close contact within the team
• Established fanbase (300~500 trackers expected during early production)

Information about the team:
We have been working on the concept of Mindworld for over a year already and most teams members have been along with me on this journey for more than 6 months. The team has been working together for quite a while already and has been running smoothly even in times, in which I couldn't lead the team. There is a very friendly atmosphere in the team and everyone is loving their field of specialization.The motivation is up and we are working as much as we have to do to reach every milestone until release. Most of us have first hand experience with the professional life of their position.

We exchange information and data via DropBox and Skype.

The background of Mindworld:
→ Visit the game's page: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld
The project was started in January 2011. Mindworld was originally planned as a full indie game developed with the UDK, but we made the decision to divide the work into chapters and release them seperately. The first chapter Shattered Dreams is going to show how successful our concept is. It was a strategical move to change the engine.

Mindworld was awarded as one of the top100 upcoming indie games of 2011 on IndieDB.

Interested in working with us?

Please, get in touch with me via E-Mail (Kjellbunjes@gmail.com) or add me on Skype directly (iqewarts) to discuss further details in a personal interview. You can also send me a private message beforehand.

Thanks for your time,
Kjell 'iQew' Bunjes
(Team Leader & Art Director)