Home Technical Talk

Anyone use Cinema 4d?

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
Hey guys,

I'm trying to give myself a crash course on cinema 4d r12 for a job. So far I can create primitives, edit them as polygons and add deformers. The problem is, im having trouble trying to edit these polys after i've added a deformer.

does anyone know how to model with polygons in cinema 4d?

Replies

• Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    also, how do i smooth polygons? Im searching for something like a turbo smooth..
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I messed with Cinema4d wayyy back in college.

Can't tell you too much, but from what I remember, to get smoothing like turbo smooth, you use what they call hyper nurbs.
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    yup. make the hyper nurbs a parent of your poly object.

Parent objects (modifiers) apply their modifications down to all their children. Many deformers and other modeling tools in C4D operate by that principle. Just make a new deformer and drop all the objects required onto them to turn them into children.

For polygons there used to be a separate polygon object where you would start from scratch by making a single poly and then you'd attach and extrude more polies, use cutting tools, etc. There's also a command somewhere (not a deformer) to turn default objects (spheres, boxes, etc) into poly objects. I think that's in a menu somewhere.

It's been a while since I messed with C4D. You could also try cgtalk - their c4d forum is pretty active.
  • Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys, very helpful :thumbup:
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/

Try there, they have useful video tutorials and a nice community. (<well when I used to use cinema4D anyway).
    You're free to pm me with questions I just haven't used it in idk.. 4+ years now so I might not be of a lot of help.