Home General Discussion

Classic replays

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
MikeF polycounter lvl 19
so i was just putting up a new shelf going through my game boxes and got to thinking about the fantastic games that i've played through at least once a year every year since they came out. so what's everyones must replay list?

mine in no particular order

mafia 1
mirrors edge
rez
kane & lynch 2
hl2

Replies

• Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Some oldies :)

dungeon keeper
    Giants: Citizen Kabuto
    Mdk
    Super Metroid (SNES)
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Super Punch Out - SNES
    MGS - PS1
    Super Mario 3 - NES
    FF Tactics - PS1
    Chrono Trigger - PS1
    LoZ - A link to the past - SNES

those are the ones that i replayed at some point last year. This new year i wanna go through at some point.

Xenogears - ps1
    Vagrant Story - ps1
    Goldeneye - N64
    Perfect Dark - N64
    Pilot Wings - SNES
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    dude, empire total war... favorite game but the MOST GLITCHY CRAP EVER!!
    god i love that game... it's like having a girlfriend who is also a hooker, bitter sweet.
    Super Metroid!
    Super Meat Boy.
    Bioshock
    Super Ghouls and Ghost [i lie i never beat it, but i never surrender :(]
  • mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    Terranigma

YES.
    Chrono Trigger

Also YES.

Secrets of Mana is another good one I'd like to play again soon. Right up there with CT and Terranigma.
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    Serious Sam 2

I HATED IT SO MUCH when it came out, but it's aged a bit better in my eyes now considering the market saturation i'm willing to give it a second chance (after 6 years!)

also, vvvvvv is a fun replay, and sometimes I tear through the entirety of Deus Ex per major system upgrade
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    Ocarina of Time :/
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Already mentioned, but chrono trigger, secret of mana, terranigma, and super metroid. They pretty much defined my gaming childhood!

Other games which have been rinsed and repeated: Dungeon Keeper 2, Half Life (until they added the smg recoil :@) & hl:OF, Baldur's Gate SOA, Deus Ex (2000), and Starcraft (98).
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Freedom fighters.
    Dunno why I love this game so much, but I seem to keep coming back even though clearing it out on the hardest difficulty is like a walk in the park now.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I don't go back to something every year, but the games I have revisited the most are.....

SECRET OF MANA 1 & 2!
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darn i forgot Half Life 2 (and episodes) durp... :P
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Shogun Total war so damn awesome at the time
    system shock 2!
    C & C !!
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    d1ver wrote: »
    Freedom fighters.
    Dunno why I love this game so much, but I seem to keep coming back even though clearing it out on the hardest difficulty is like a walk in the park now.

that is a fucking sweet game, i'l have to give it ago again soon
  • XRevan23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XRevan23 polycounter lvl 15
    SNES-
    Zelda-Link to the Past
    Mega Man X

N64-
    Goldeneye

Genesis-
    Street Fighter 2
    RBI Baseball 3

PC-
    Knights of the Old Republic (Ive installed and un-installed this game more times than i can count)

Dreamcast-
    Grandia 2
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    Half-Life 2
    Golden Sun TLA
    Pokemon
    OoT
    Halo Combat Evolved (people still play online too)

TETRIS
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    MDK
    Magic Carpet (when I can get it to work)
    Thief (when I buy it from GOG)
    Legacy of Kain:blood omen
    Soul reaver 1&2
    all oddworld games
    all bitmap brothers games (especially speedball2)
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Legend of Zelda (NES), Link to the Past (SNES),

used to replay Castlevania: SotN once a year. Should plug in the playstation again sometime.

Steam is great for replaying classics like Doom and Quake.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver wrote: »
    Freedom fighters.

damn, that was a great game! i remember beating the hell out of it till i let someone borrow it and never got it back...
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soldier of Fortune 2 Double Helix GOLD and SOF 1 Platinum
    Super Mario 64
    Crash Bandicoot Franchise
  • MadnessImport
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Metroid Prime 1-3

64 Zelda's

The first super smash

The Entire .Hack// series (all 7)

Kingdom Hearts (Playing Now)

Rachet & Clank going comando

Sly cooper

Starfox (The Game cube one)

Jak & Daxter

And when Mass Effect 3 comes out Im Playing 1 and 2 up to 3 to get that Movie feel from the story

I have sooo many games around my house but a few of these are the ones i actually finished Too many times
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    Actually playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out at the moment. Determined to beat Tyson FINALLY.

I play Super Castlevania all the way about once a year.

Bought Chrono Trigger the other day on PSN, as I don't think I actually got the best ending on it back in the day.

Super Ghouls and Ghost [i lie i never beat it, but i never surrender :(]

Man, I love that game. My folks got it for me on a whim, and it turned into one of my favorite games for the SNES. Yes, I can beat it too :D Just get that crossbow and golden armor and HOLD ONTO THEM until you absolutely have to get the Goddess Bracelet in the last level on the second go around. Is that game on Wii virtual console?..I wanna play it right now...:D
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Kwramm wrote: »
    Monkey Island

This. Along with

Prince of Percia 1
    Prince of Persia 2
    Flash Back
    Fade to Black
    Decent 1 , 2 , 3
    Hexen
    Heretic 1, 2
    Golden Axe
    kid chameleon
    man there are soo many I've played through out my childhood and uptil now that I cant remember. =\
  • MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    Shenmue (Every time I hear the theme I get misty eyed...)
    Resident Evil 2 (Used to literally have this game memorized)
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, I love that game. My folks got it for me on a whim, and it turned into one of my favorite games for the SNES. Yes, I can beat it too Just get that crossbow and golden armor and HOLD ONTO THEM until you absolutely have to get the Goddess Bracelet in the last level on the second go around. Is that game on Wii virtual console?..I wanna play it right now...

i hate you... (not really) dude the farthest i got was to that like floating platforms..blue cliffs type of thing? god it's been long. I do wanna play it as well.
    the golden armor and the crossbow are bad ass together :) there's so many secrets in that damn game, i know that if you just jump in certain areas you get chest to come out of the ground! ugh, i gotta go play it.
  • mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    Freedom fighters.

Dude, I played the shit out of that game. I really don't know why I liked it so much either. In fact, when ever I think about it, I ask mysefl that very question and I can never answer it. It was just addicting and well executed. I thought the whole premise was really fun too. Multiplayer wasn't half bad either!

For me, Majora's Mask > Ocarina of Time. Skyward Sword is also a favorite of mine, but that's too new to be considered for a replay.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weren't they going to make a second freedom fighters? i swear i heard that somewhere.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    i hate you... (not really) dude the farthest i got was to that like floating platforms..blue cliffs type of thing? god it's been long. I do wanna play it as well.
    the golden armor and the crossbow are bad ass together :) there's so many secrets in that damn game, i know that if you just jump in certain areas you get chest to come out of the ground! ugh, i gotta go play it.

Yeah when I first got it I used to use the level select code to skip around til i was good enough at the later levels to be able to run it straight through. And I would use the magic you get with the crossbow all over the place to find where all the chests are. It is on the Wii's Virtual Console after all, gonna play it after work and see how bad I am at it now :) The music in that game is amazing too.
  • Rob Macko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rob Macko polycounter lvl 6
    I want to play Final Fantasy 6 (was 3 in Japan), but this won't be a replay as I actually never played this one! A buddy of mine calls it the best in the series, and I trust his word that it's good so I'm looking forward to checking it out when I have the time.

There are other old rpgs that I have on a to check out list which I as well never played back when.

Xenogears - ps1
    ChronoTrigger - ps1

My buddy seriously looked at me funny when he first learned I never checked these games out haha. I'm into the revisiting the retro stuff (I grew up with it) so I think I have some good gaming in store when I get to them :)

Actual replays...

Castlevania 4 is due, been years
    Super Metroid - an absolute fave
    Mario 3 - it's been forever since I played this
    Super Mario World - ^ same
    Oddworld Abes Exodus - not too long ago I revisited the first game, so picking up the 2nd will be fun too
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    rolfness wrote: »
    Shogun Total war so damn awesome at the time
    system shock 2!
    C & C !!

You won. :D