Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Apache Longbow Helicopter

heli_wip3.jpg

Ive gotten pretty far along on the low poly, but I feel I need to take a step back and get some feedback or critiques. This is propably the most complex prop ive done to date. Ill be moving on the the M230 chain gun that is attached below the cockpit and the frontal spy cam. I also want to make the propeller system a bit more intricate and mechanical. Thats whats next before I move on the high poly. FEEDBACK please! :)

Replies

• RedRogueXIII
    Offline / Send Message
    RedRogueXIII polycounter lvl 11
    Cockpit is a bit glaringly obvious off. Yours is a box, 1544442.jpg while on the real thing it's more of a pyramid. The base of the thing is also pretty far off, with no room for the camera mount. Wings are also very blocky, and the rotor assembly and landing gear could all be more detailed for a high poly mesh. For a low, you wouldn't want to model all those barrels in the rocket tubes and instead add them in during the texture. Get more photo references and don't rely on blueprints for everything, they're good for proportioning, but you want to see photos to see how the shapes of the subject catch light.
  • killazzz
    This is one awesome front view, I agree that I need to spend alot more time with the high poly, and that whole frontal portion has been a challenge, im just going to get the hard edge detail down on it and build the camera mount off from that. Also I had planned on baking down the rocket detail for sure, and just painting it on the texture. But this helps exponentially, Appreciate the feedback Rogue!