Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Speed Sculpt - Breathe Deep

trying to bang one of these out pretty regularly, done in sculptris, forcing myself to put pencils down after 1 hour no matter what, as I look at him now I could spend another 5 but it probably wouldn't look any better for it :poly124:

C&C and paintovers needed, particularly on anatomy (maybe to shorten the reply just tell me what I actually did RIGHT if anything :\ )

preview_breathedeepfront.jpg?rev=0
preview_breathedeep.jpg?rev=0

Replies

• BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Have you ever studied the figure or the face? It helps to just draw with pencil and paper a generic face a ton of times to memorize the proportions. Right now your proportions are completely and way off.

-The eyes are to far apart, the gap between your eyes is about an eye.
    -The eyes rest in the center of your skull, and its pretty much the center line between chin and top of the skull.
    -From there the bottom of your nose rests about half way between the eyes and the chin.
    -The ears go from the brow line to the bottom on the nose.
    -the mouth width goes to about the inner iris of the eye.

I would recommend learning the figure before you try to model a 3D character. I highly recommend this one, it will teach you the body from head to toe. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0615272819/ref=oh_o03_s01_i00_details"]Amazon.com: Figure Drawing: Design and Invention (9780615272818): Michael Hampton: Books[/ame]