Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lil'Troopa

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
duncan polycounter lvl 11
Hay everyone :poly124:

New character from me. Big City, Nazi, stylesque character. Basically Good cops gone really bad.

Latest Update:

been caught up in various stuffs but managed to get Gloves, Gun Holster, Sword, and fiddle with some stuff. Boots a few extra belts and Hair next I think, then I might finally get to do some more sculpting.

wip05.jpg

Replies

• duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick concept.
    63613537r.jpg

work so far.
    wip01y.jpg
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    This is potentially my favorite thing ever

love the lines on the suit. Hoping to see more done with the legs, maybe large, bold, angular forms to imply folds.
  • Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Really nice style and interesting proportions. Would bee cool to see some over the top big shiny medals on him. Will keep an eye on this.
  • stabbington
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stabbington polycounter lvl 10
    Beautiful silhouette! Love the flow of shapes so far.
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    Fomori wrote: »
    big shiny medals on him.

Interesting, I thought the character was a girl :p I think it's mostly the round soft face (which would either be a kid or a female) in combination with the big thighs and long legs.

@Duncan: Good start so far! Again I love the style you're going with and really looking forward how it'll turn out. Subscribed :)

One tiny issue I have is the fact that all white lines seem to follow the shapes/curves except for the one on the legs :p
    I realize this is just placeholder, but figured it'd be easier to tell you now than when it's getting closer to final.
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    The big thighs are probably those really poofy pants they would wear:
    300px-Die_Uniformen_der_Allgemeinen_SS.jpg
  • JGcount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really love this. It really looks like a monkey though and I am not sure it is a monkey since there is no tail? Its the face and the limb proportions
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    @ Marshal Banana: Lol yes that's what I realized later. But for some reason I still read "it" as a girl. Maybe because it's all so smooth and perfect so far.

But yes, you're probably right about the poofy pants.
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone :D

@ Joseph Silverman: Thanks. Yeah I am going to get into some sculpting once I have the whole thing nutted out.

@ Fomori: Ta, yeah big medals EVERYWHERE! and buttons. well maybe not everywhere but at this stage I would say there will be more than enough.

@ stabbington: :)

@ MeintevdS: I am glad to hear you thought it was a girl you win :). Marshal Banana is right about the pants (I hope that comes through a little more clearly once I start sculpting in some folds and poofyness), I will also be adding in some girly hair and stuffs later on. Thanks for the heads up too, I will be seeing how all of these lines and such go before I finalise anything.

@ Marshal Banana: :thumbup:

@ JGcount: Thanks. hahaha it is funny my girlfriend said the same thing. I also think it might be the big ears and skull nostrils. I hope I can fix that a little later in the texture.

Update, Update. Just adding stuffs and playing with boots. I will thin out those boot wings too. They are much too heavy.

wip02i.jpg

Thanks again everyone :D
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    I'm loving those boots! Super stylish :D It'll be fun to see this progress
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ LoTekK: Thanks :)
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    Awesome, glad to see you went with big boots. Model seems more in balance now, detail wise.

Also, it might just be my work monitor being pants, but the image is really dark for me. Not sure if others have this problem too, I'll check when I get home.
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    This style reminds me a lot of the gorillaz. Love it so far. can't wait to see it finished.

Have you tried messing around with the collar in some different forms to break up the tangent created?
  • TheTurner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great silhouette! Simple, yet, solid textures!

Will there be more in store, or additional props for this guy??
  • Shendoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shendoo polycounter lvl 13
    Very cool, I love your style!!
  • STRIKER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    STRIKER polycounter lvl 13
    looking sweet duncan :P
  • Donavonyoung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Donavonyoung polycounter lvl 6
    I am really digging the style mate. Very smooth!!
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys.

@ TheTurner: Yeah plenty more to come. Just blocking in the main stuff before I start a sculpting pass.

More form me. Just playing with things at the moment, getting more of an idea about who and what she is.

wip03lw.jpg

Thanks again everyone. I really need to speed things up.
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still busting out mesh before a sculpting pass. Need to add some weapons.

wip04.jpg

Going to try and stop with the presentation wankery.... promise:poly105:
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    Oh man, you haven't even started sculpting yet and it's already looking this awesome.
    It's all still really clean and stylish, so I hope I'll have more to bitch about when you start sculpting :) For now it just looks awesome.
  • JoshC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Freaking awesome, can't wait to see the troopa sculpted,
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SOOOOO SLOWWWWWWW! Thanks for the kindness guys :D

been caught up in various stuffs but managed to get Gloves, Gun Holster, Sword, and fiddle with some stuff. Boots a few extra belts and Hair next I think, then I might finally get to do some more sculpting.

wip05.jpg
  • Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    wow man, im really liking this one. cant wait to see what you do in zbrush.
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    duncan wrote: »
    Going to try and stop with the presentation wankery.... promise:poly105:
    Attempt failed ;)

Gun holster seem to be a bit high though. Looks like she'd have to go through some trouble getting her pistol out since it's just below the armpit. Maybe flip it around so she can reach over with her left hand to take it out instead?

Looking forward to see what you'll be doing with the hair. Work faster! :p

edit:
    Oh and she's looking awesome!, in case that wasn't clear yet.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    HORSEHAMM! >:{ (awsome :3)

also it totes looks like a guy rather than a girl, will be crazy to see where you go with the hair and girly stuff ^_^
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Looking sweet so far, keep it up!
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone.

@ MeintevdS : "Attempt failed" hahahaha yeah, I have a photoshop document that I just paste into, perhaps I should stop doing that :). Good call on the gun too. I tried a flip and rotate, I like it and it does seem more accessible. But I am not sure I still prefer the original, and there is something about the "square, straight" nature of the first one that just feels more military. I don't know I will continue to fiddle, perhaps I could just drop it down a little. Thanks again for the feedback.

few maya screens Left or right? or none of the above...... well bellow.
    gunpoz.jpg

Thanks again guys :)
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    also it totes looks like a guy rather than a girl

Even in the last update? without the head? Because apart from the bald head (<k this is possible on girls too, but not as common) and lack of boobs it reads as girl for me o.o

@Duncan, I agree I think I like the first pistol better too. Well I guess you could always tell people it's because she has her minions to do the work for her so she just uses it to look intimidating ;)