Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

BattleCrates

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
Holden and I are dickin around in a udk project involving some killer warbots, killing each other on a spacestation. I am workin on a design for the bots, i want them to seem adorable and harmless, untill their laser eyes fry you. this is just blockin in some design ideas, the bot will eventualy fold up into a box when inactive.

originaly i was doing a wall-e / johnny 5 tank tread bot but when digin up some research i came across the big dog robot, and thought those legs were neat.

battlecrate_2.jpg
we could use some udk skilled char guy to help us out if anyones interested
oops

Replies

• Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    more oops, not meant to be a self bump
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Cute, man! I love adorable robots. What kind of art design are you going for, is this guy supposed to be skinned up all realistic, or something more cartoony?
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    First thought when i saw the name was of that DM-crates level that I believe cholden made back in the day(?). Then I saw the design and thought it would be hilarious if you guys took that level idea, make it entirely out of crates, but then some of them transform into these things. the two flat pieces on its head could be 2 sides of it, then you just add 2 of those to the back of him that loko like fins or a cape or wings or something. Just a thought.

Like the design though. Im excited to see this evolve.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cute, man! I love adorable robots. What kind of art design are you going for, is this guy supposed to be skinned up all realistic, or something more cartoony?
    the texturing will be more realistic, but the designs a bit stylized, not necesarialy cartoony.

slipsius wrote: »
    First thought when i saw the name was of that DM-crates level that I believe cholden made back in the day(?). Then I saw the design and thought it would be hilarious if you guys took that level idea, make it entirely out of crates, but then some of them transform into these things. the two flat pieces on its head could be 2 sides of it, then you just add 2 of those to the back of him that loko like fins or a cape or wings or something. Just a thought.

Like the design though. Im excited to see this evolve.

hahah.. that idea.. may be "exactly" whats going on with this.