Home General Discussion

id Layoffs

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    From what I heard it was -mostly- junior level staff that was let go, across the board (not just artists). Id, Bethesda and Zenimax have boatloads of cash after shipping Skyrim and Rage. This seems like standard thinning of the herd to me (though that doesn't nullify the shitty nature of it). Again I hope all find employment fast, I personally know unemployment all too well. If you're open to moving to Sugar Land, TX, please check out those Timegate postings to see if you might fit.
  • merkmerk73
    Blaizer wrote: »
    Very Sad news, Good luck for all the affected.

Again, this remember me we are just poor pawns.

BTW, Rage didn't sell well, and i was seeing all this coming...

It didn't sell very well on PC, go figure, but the sales across all three platforms were reasonable - it wasn't a bomb by any stretch.
    Post your work

Sorry I'm a programmer not an artist. I like to keep an eye out for talent here.
    This seems like standard thinning of the herd to me (though that doesn't nullify the shitty nature of it). Again I hope all find employment fast, I personally know unemployment all too well. If you're open to moving to Sugar Land, TX, please check out those Timegate postings to see if you might fit.

Yup..same here.
  • Arkadius
    Offline / Send Message
    Arkadius polycounter lvl 13
    :( Sad news I hope everyone lands finds a job quickly!
  • Shogun3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Huge Bummer guys, good luck!
  • IchII3D
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    Oh noes, I hope everyone lands on there feet. Id software was right at the top of my list before I joined Crytek. But if it helps we are always looking for talented people.

http://crytek.com/

UK = Homefront 2
    Frankfurt = RYSE

Although both studios also have a few unannounced projects. Budapest is the mobile platform studio, Keiv focus on FreeToPlay (Warface) and the other studios are... a secret :P

Hope it helps anyway!
  • imyj
    Offline / Send Message
    imyj polycounter lvl 8
    Good luck to all those involved. I hope you land safely :<
  • leilei
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    Snowfly wrote: »
    I take it that most of the layoffs were not the usual QA positions then?

id has been self-QA since forever - there's no dedicated QA.

not joking or snarking... :(
  • Envart
    Offline / Send Message
    Envart polycounter lvl 6
    Sad news. Rage was an amazing game and, in my opinion at least, the most beautiful of 2011. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • meshiah
    Offline / Send Message
    meshiah polycounter lvl 17
    rage had some amazing things going for it, and i enjoyed it for sure. from what i saw the artists should be fine, game had beautiful assets

happy to pass on portfolios to my leads at blizzard if needed.
    r