Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Amir's Portfolio environments

Replies

• Pritster5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pritster5 polycounter lvl 5
    choco wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback, very useful advices, I'll keep note of them :)
    As for the environement I'm working on, I'm thinking about doing it as if I was working on a game level, taking into consideration texture memory usage and optimization. Its pretty much a new workflow that I'm trying to setup for this sort of landscape.

Before I go any further in texturing and detailing, I've decided to preview the mesh in UDK with 2 tiled textures (rock, grass) to see how the color map would react when overlayed on top of detail textures in the engine.
    I placed some trees as place holders to have a good sense of scale.

Still a lot of work to do, I will probably start by adding more contrast and color varition on to floor before I'm move on to modeling vegetation and some man made constructions. Also thinking about making small rocks to scatter on the ground.

I will use the 3dmotive Vegetation tutorial as guide for making my own trees and grass.

our_lase_place_18.jpg

our_lase_place_16.jpg

our_lase_place_20.jpg

our_lase_place_19.jpg

our_lase_place_22.jpg

Hey wenda, could you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease do a tutorial on how to make the grass you created in the above screenshots.:poly124: I am also doing a project in cry engine 3 and would love to see how to make realistic grass like that. It really has a very plush feel and i thought it was much better than the new "hand-painted" ones. I would looooove it if you could make a tutorial on the grass!:poly142::poly121: BTW, is there anyway to sculpt voxels in CE3 now that there are no voxel tools in the editor?