Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Renegade - Rising Glory Light Armour

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
I thought I should start a progression thread on this character. It is the second of a set of characters/armours I am making for a project called Renegade

This is the concept, by Eric Ridgeway:
risingglorylightortho.jpg

And here's my progress so far:
risinglight1.jpg
risinglight2.jpg

As always any crits or tips would be most helpful, thanks :).

Edit: Problem with dropbox it seems.

Replies

• darthwilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really nice start mate.. It might just be me, but I'd reckon you should have another look at the upper arm region and armpit area as it doesn't look quite right.

I'd also try to keep the fingers straight since your doing it for a project, a rigger later in the process will probably go 'facepalm'
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey scott thanks. I can't change the hand positions unfortunately, all the characters use the same base mesh and have the same hands. Are you sure people prefer them straight? I thought relaxed was best. I think I'm going to have to keep coming back to the arms and look harder for more refrences.

light4f.jpg
    light5.jpg
  • darthwilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Easier for a rigger and animator to begin with straight bones but I guess it's their preference.. For rigging its my preference.

I think as well at the moment that the cloth folds from the shoulder to lower arm where it meets the glove is a bit weird.. If you can dress up like that and take reference photos or get some on the Internet :p
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reworked the arms using some reference pictures I took, good idea.

Changed the trousers a bit too, might need a bit more work. I'd done some more but someone forgot to save before it crashed.

risinglight4.jpg

A bit more done, I think it's just down to the hair now:

risinglight5.jpg