DEElekgolo interpolator
Child of Eden for best motion game

That is all.

http://www.spike.com/shows/video-game-awards

Replies

• Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone know if it's streamed online anywhere?
  • Futzy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone know if it's streamed online anywhere?
    http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2011/live-video/oxv45o

Starts in 20 minutes.
  • Geezus
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm tired of all the zombie type stuff, but Naughty Dog's new game looked incredible.
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Naughty Dog <3 oh and i've been waiting for a new rainbow six for so long... my dad used to buy them for me when I was little. I can't wait for both.
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keizza polycounter lvl 18
    so far, as an award show....it's not alllll that bad. could be lots worse.
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Command and Conquer from Bioware using Frostbite 2? MMMMMMYESSSSSSSSSSSS
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Naughty fucking dog! That was wow. Just flipping' wow. I'm superexcited.
  • Computron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
    Frostbit 2, out for 3 months and already 3 games? Why don't they open up for modders?
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    So far the best part of the show is Tony Hawk's appearance reminding me that this exists:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i4lsZ_BNc0&quot;]Spider Man Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 - YouTube[/ame]
  • Havoc89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Havoc89 polycounter lvl 11
    Command & Conquer Generals 2... with frostbite 2, and being developed by bioware... Sounds like a beastly combination. Wasn't a huge fan of generals, but generals 2 has got me psyched. Hope it does well. I cant wait.
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well....it's started out better than the last ones........gettin little bit goofy now.
  • JostVice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JostVice polycounter lvl 12
    Well, nice choice that you can only watch if you're from the US...

Anyone knows of any webpage that is following it? I'm reading joistiq but its liveblog thing is like they know you're watching... BUT I CAN'T WATCH!

Anyway, should i go to sleep or are they going to announce anything worth it? :P so far only excited for The last of us and C&C!
  • kevlar jens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Last of Us looks cool.
    Naughty Dog has never ceased to amaze me so I can't imagine this being any exception.

By the way, does anyone else think that the girl, conveniently named Elly, looks a lot like Ellen Page?
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    naughty dog will get my attention if they can match gameplay with their storytelling.
  • Computron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blizzard diablo trailer......kinda cool.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SKYRIM.........well deserved SKYRIM.........well deserved.
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PhattyEwok polycounter lvl 9
    eld wrote: »
    fortnite!

Looks awesome. It's almost like urban minecraft taken to a whole new level. Can't wait!
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    PhattyEwok wrote: »
    Looks awesome. It's almost like urban minecraft taken to a whole new level. Can't wait!

Absolutely, as a minecraft and garrys mod fan I'm intrigued in how far they'll go!
  • Computron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn, no half life.
  • lloyd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ellen page and sam fisher fight hordes of zombies! oh joy ¬_¬

Did i say ellen page? sorry i meant ellie* way to look FAR FROM THE TREE for that name

also i don't know how anyone is putting fortnite and minecraft together? i think somebody didn't watch the video and said. "oh cool thats like minecraft" then others read that on twitter so now fortnite = minecraft from epic. wtf?

if anything its cartoon zombies form that CoD 8 game

also this
    Computron wrote: »
    Damn, no half life.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    FUCK. watched the whole show for nothing.... (half life wise). That rising Vid looked amazing.

But, this show is a piece of shit i mean, jebus christ. This is a joke of a show.

Pathetic.

Grats to Bethesda, Well Deserved.

Grats Geezus! :)
  • lloyd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I want more celebrities who don't play them vidiagames in the next VGAs! the ones who are only there to advertise things at me.

also don't you hate it when people kill you online? they are such douche bags!? AMIRITE!?

Did they give out any awards? i only saw 3, batman, Cod and scrim. seems like its not about them anymore

:( Poor VGAs.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They cut off people trying to give speeches....

that says it all right there.

If you don't care about the people you're ["Awarding"] then what do you care about?
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lloyd wrote: »

also i don't know how anyone is putting fortnite and minecraft together?

I saw a group of people scavenging for resources in an urban environment. Building a Safe-house with said resources. A creature who can only survive in the dark burrows up out of the ground from whence it came. Then the people get in their house weary of the undead horde approaching whom also only appear at night.

There are quite a lot of similarities to Minecraft right there. Will it be a total sandbox non-linear crack fest like Minecraft. Who knows?!?! But I hope so. He He

-Edit-
    Forbes has some interesting info on the game
    FORTnITE is unlike any game Epic has made to date. The stylized action game is actually hard to pin down to a single genre. It has various gameplay elements that vary by time of day. During daylight, the multiplayer experience will focus on building up a fortress through teamwork and sharing resources. This fortress becomes crucial when the sun goes down and the undead rise. It’s during this phase of the third-person perspective game that shooting zombies takes over.

Seems like a mix of survival horror a touch of Minecraft and some tower defense.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Uncharted 3 - best graphics, yup best award to win :)

Super excited we got to finally reveal the Last of Us. The work on it so far is simply fantastic.
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    Last of Us looks amazing. Like uncharted meets I am Legend.
    lloyd wrote: »
    I want more celebrities who don't play them vidiagames in the next VGAs! the ones who are only there to advertise things at me.

also don't you hate it when people kill you online? they are such douche bags!? AMIRITE!?

Did they give out any awards? i only saw 3, batman, Cod and scrim. seems like its not about them anymore

:( Poor VGAs.

They were live and only had an hour. You can't have people going on and on and then run out of time for the Game of the Year award. Though they could have just cut out all those dumb skits instead of literally tea bagging the developers
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaze369 polycounter lvl 8
    The Last of Us & Rainbow Six: Patriots are two games I'll definitely be looking out for.
    I really hope Rainbow 6 don't end up being like Homefront.
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    Seems like a mix of survival horror a touch of Minecraft and some tower defense.

Sounds more like The Horde than Minecraft to me.
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    Hboybowen wrote: »
    TV Air time isn't free man

The interesting part is how they've chosen to prioritize things; They have these awful skits(which aren't as cheap as they could be) and (probably pretty expensive) hosts. There weren't just one celebrity(who probably only play some video game maybe once a week/month/year or so), there were plenty of them. They could have skipped guys like Charlie Sheen for instance, since he isn't exactly related to video games.
    Instead they could have filled it up with some interviews with the award winners or shown some cool short making-of's in the offices of these game companies.
    There were some cool announcements and trailers though and that was the main-reason I watched it.
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    I kept thinking what the point of having Charlie Sheen on was. He came out, said a joke, and a video played announcing the winner. I can't imagine all the money they blew on those 20 seconds. Same thing applies to the other celebrity announcers.

They just threw money at this thing to try to make it "cool"
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    They brought in a cow for a two second joke that was basically "HEY! FARMVILLE! POOPING!"

That probably could have been axed.
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    fortnite!

At first I thought it was Team Fortress...
    But wow! I hope there is a single/co-op in depth fully realized story. They sure set-up an awesome teaser. Beautiful character. Nice to see technology advance hyper-real instead of just realism.

Where is the fortnite thread! :thumbup:
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    They cut off people trying to give speeches....

that says it all right there.

If you don't care about the people you're ["Awarding"] then what do you care about?

The whole thing was scripted, especially the tea-bagging.
    I saw a group of people scavenging for resources in an urban environment. Building a Safe-house with said resources. A creature who can only survive in the dark burrows up out of the ground from whence it came. Then the people get in their house weary of the undead horde approaching whom also only appear at night.

There are quite a lot of similarities to Minecraft right there. Will it be a total sandbox non-linear crack fest like Minecraft. Who knows?!?! But I hope so. He He

Exactly, While people are quick to jump to saying it's a tower defence game, minecraft survival is the closest comparison we have right now.
    Just looking at the details from the video, scavenging, gathering materials, apparently freeform style placement of these objects (garrys mod would be the closest comparison here), and then the obvious minecraft style night where you have to hold out.

There were even a hint of some day-time monster like that small creature you saw before the zombies hit, which hints of dangers when you are out gathering materials, and then the obvious backpacks on the back of the players, shovel and stuff.

I firmly believe it's not going to future a fully voxagonal terrain like in minecraft, but I do believe it will have a landscape full of structures and buildings that can be picked a part piece by piece or by blowing them up.

And pieces are then used to build a FORT where you hold the night out.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is ridiculous how people compare every game now a days. Like already mentioned Fortnight with Minecraft? and now The Last of Us to Dead Island? Can't people just enjoy games and just play them without saying "Oh Minecraft has this, fortnight doesn't" I guess not. :/
  • rebb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rebb polycounter lvl 17
    Getting some heavy "I Am Legend meets The Road" vibes from the trailer for The Last Ofus. Me like.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    aajohnny wrote: »
    It is ridiculous how people compare every game now a days. Like already mentioned Fortnight with Minecraft? and now The Last of Us to Dead Island? Can't people just enjoy games and just play them without saying "Oh Minecraft has this, fortnight doesn't" I guess not. :/

It's in a positive notion, everyone loves minecraft, so when a game pulls elements from it, people are happy.

The human brain is built around making references and connections, it's only natural we do it with games too, it's not all bad.
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wesley polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah I was on Steam talking to a couple of friends while they were on, and after seconds after a trailer it was just, "Meeeeh, more zombies."

People just seem so jaded about games.

I had to leave, that sort of constant negativity is just tiring.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The whole thing was scripted, especially the tea-bagging.

DUDE DUDE! what in the hell was that? I was so confused.

rebb wrote: »
    Getting some heavy "I Am Legend meets The Road" vibes from the trailer for The Last Ofus. Me like.
    YES! same here man, i only watched the VGAs for Half-life rumor... but that was so great to see, the animations are so god damn... [weird boner]
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10

Well at the beginning they said that if your thankyou speech was too long a bell would ring and they'd get teabagged. I think some awards do the bell thing, so these guys took it one step towards awkward.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's in a positive notion, everyone loves minecraft, so when a game pulls elements from it, people are happy.

The human brain is built around making references and connections, it's only natural we do it with games too, it's not all bad.

Of course, but from the comments I've seen myself they all been negative. That's why I take it that way.
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I can totally see that. It seems like there's this notion out there amongst gamers that if something borrows even an inkling from a pre-established game it is completely unoriginal and must not be worth the play through.

Personally I think iteration is what brings us kick ass games. Yeah there's the FPS clones out there but then you get keystone titles like COD BF Halo Half Life etc

TL;DR Build upon what works, who cares if its been done before
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18

Don't know, I'm not in college.
    aajohnny wrote: »
    Of course, but from the comments I've seen myself they all been negative. That's why I take it that way.

Well you know, haters gonna hate :P
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon wrote: »
    Uncharted 3 - best graphics, yup best award to win :)

Super excited we got to finally reveal the Last of Us. The work on it so far is simply fantastic.

Can you confirm/deny if this is realtime and not a video playing on the PS3? The trailer doesn't say specifically, so could be a video, in which a Wii could do the same.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    If you look closely you can see the usual jaggies that come from in-game stuff, so yeah I doubt it's pre-rendered (atleast not like that Killzone 2 trailer :P)
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    I saw some aliasing issues here and there, and the curtains weren't too hot in the poly department.

So who knows, plus, the skin of the characters looks like good old blended SSS hack they use for character skin in Uncharted.

Very heavy signs point to yes, but then again, it WAS in a closed environment, that all means nothing.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    pretty visually striking and looks like a harder edged, mature tone than most ND stuff from the past. impressive lighting as always, and it looks like another great storytelling opportunity with fantastic voice acting coupled with believable animation like the uncharted series really shows off.