Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Mindworld: Looking for 3D artists (UDK)

Hey guys,

My name is Kjell Bunjes and I'm the Team Leader & Art Director of the upcoming Action Adventure Mindworld (click to get to our game's page). We are in development since January, have worked many things out and are now looking for additional talent in our 3D apartment to increase the speed of production. The team consists of a variety of people who are either working professionally in the industry or are ambitious to do so.
concept_3_1500.jpgouter_world_concept_1500.jpg
(Character concepts are given in the personal interview)

I usually use an embedded code to have the audio players right here, but seems like it's not allowed in this forum. So, I'll just add the links to two of our composers tracks.

http://www.moddb.com/games/mindworld/videos/artificial-childhood-memory
http://www.moddb.com/games/mindworld/videos/left-alone#imagebox

We are looking for hard surface modellers and organic modellers. The following requirements give you an idea, whether you might be qualified. Keep in mind that it's always worth trying though, we might even be able to have a job for you, if you don't meet the exact requirements. We have contacts to other teams that might need your skillset.

Requirements:

Here are some words by our leading 3D artist Jeannot:
As a modeler for the Mindworld project, we expect that you:
- have extensive knowledge/experience of working with 3ds Max
- know how to create efficient low poly meshes for use in videogames
- know how to efficiently unwrap the UV's of a low poly mesh
- have a firm understanding of low poly/high poly normal map and ambient occlusion baking
- know how to import and setup game assets (models, materials) for use in the Unreal Engine 3 (UDK)
- know how to optimize models and lightmaps to achieve maximum quality in UDK.
- know how to create high quality textures for your models (diffuse, specular etc.)
- have at least several screenshots of your work, finished and/or work in progress.

Though not a requirement (with the exception of character modelers), experience with sculpting software such as ZBrush and Mudbox is preferred.

You will be working alongside several other modelers, focussing on the creation of game assets for Mindworld levels. We have a (frequently updated) list of game assets that shows what assets are required for Mindworld, each modeler is free to choose what asset he wants to create. Team members review eachothers work and help eachother whenever it is needed. Before full access to Mindworld is given you must first prove you are motivated by completing a set of assignments, these assignments are not wasted as they are actual game assets that will be used in Mindworld.

We are primarely looking for active people interested in game development who want to stay with us for the long-term to help us speed up development. If you are an experienced modeler interested in Mindworld but don't have the time to work with us on a daily basis, you can still join us and make some game assets from time to time. All help is appreciated.

We can't offer any monetary rewards. However, we give you the great oppertunity to work with a team that strives for quality content. This is a good chance to gain valuable experiences for the professional industry or the possibility to expand your portfolio with high quality work.

Continously contact to me and other team members guarantee a clear overview of what is going on. Problems are going to get spotted and solved fast, to keep up motivation and a stable high quality production. A special element of our project is that we plan on little side projects to raise money for charity. You can be involed in them directly or indirectly to support other helping people.

General Information:
- First-Person Action Adventure Game
- UDK
- Content: about 2-3 hours of gameplay
- Story driven
- Professional voice acting
- Professional soundtrack
- Side projects*

*The side projects might not have an effect on your position, but makes the team stand out and give extra press.

Current side project:
5cijiaww.jpg

Alex Michajlow has composed a full first soundtrack with ambient music for Mindworld. It has been released on the 11th of November and is still available until Christmas Eve. We are going to donate all the money we earn in this event to charity. This event is called "The Mindworld Christmas Donation" you can find out more about the idea and realization right here: http://www.moddb.com/games/mindworld/news/mindworld-soundtrack-released

Interested in working with us?
Send me a private message or add me on Skype right away (iqewarts). Please, keep a portfolio at hand, if you add me directly. No microphone is necessary, as we keep our communication text based. More information about the team leading philosophies, background story of Mindworld and our business models are given in the personal interview.

Thanks for your time,
Kjell 'iQew' Bunjes
(Team Leader & Art Director)

Replies