Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

futuristic flying car

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
fab-camp polycounter lvl 6
Hi everyone,

I´m doing this flying car as part of my first portfolio.
Right now it´s WIP so give me all your critics as there is still time for changes.
The city in the background I did in September to get into UDK. Any critic on that is welcome too.

thanks a lot

flycarmaxwireframe.jpg

flycarcity.jpg

flycarfrontsidetop.jpg

Replies

• Paul Pepera
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
    What kind of tone are you going for with this project? It seems like all you did was stick wings to the sides of a Trans Am.
  • letronrael
    What kind of tone are you going for with this project? It seems like all you did was stick wings to the sides of a Trans Am.

lol
  • DirtyMrDucky
    Offline / Send Message
    DirtyMrDucky polycounter lvl 12
    i dunno about futuristic, i was kinda disappointed when I saw the model. you might want to rip those wings off and just use that model to start a separate portfolio piece of a normal vehicle. if you want it to look futuristic, uve got to put the effort in and design something that looks it.

also, why are there roads if cars can fly? floating light beacons railing an invisible plane with lit up arrows to direct traffic sorta popped in my head, dunno.
  • Computron
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
    It seems like all you did was stick wings to the sides of a Trans Am.

Told.
  • fab-camp
    Offline / Send Message
    fab-camp polycounter lvl 6

hey Paul,
    of course you´re right with that trans-am thing! :) I thought about doing a car with wings and decided to start with a KITT-reference. Maybe I realy sticked to close to it.
  • SnaFuBAR
    Try looking at some popular science magazine covers. This is, as it was put, just a trans am with some wings on it. But more than that, you have a capsule on the back and a box on the hood with some tilted wheels.

Wings coming out like that aren't a bad idea, but the execution just isn't doing it. Do something with a step area? like they have for vacating an airliner?