Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

almost demoreel

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
juancaratino polycounter lvl 7
Yesterday call me, and they say me , bring us a file with all your animations, and because i have only my blog, try to join all my animations in one file, and I almost get a demorrel, i show you, and i hope you like it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCFdRDDK2CE"]reellanimation.mov - YouTube[/ame]

Replies

• megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    Some feedback to help:
    - if you want to sell yourself as an animator, ONLY put animation sequence, unless your title is something else (like character artist, environment artist, rigger, etc...)
    - music from Two Steps from Hell is a bit annoying and it's hard to focus on the lipsync parts, most studios won't listen to it anyways
    - 2:51 is too long, I would try to make it 1:00 - 1:30 --> less is more, impress people within a short amount of time
    - don't forget to include yout title (animator) at the end of the video
    - I would cut the last 10 seconds at the end --> useless to have a blank period of time
    - put your e-mail at the beggining the video
    - and don't forget to put your website link during the presentation (begin & end)
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    juancaratino polycounter lvl 7
    Some feedback to help:
    - if you want to sell yourself as an animator, ONLY put animation sequence, unless your title is something else (like character artist, environment artist, rigger, etc...)
    There are only animation sequences
    - music from Two Steps from Hell is a bit annoying and it's hard to focus on the lipsync parts, most studios won't listen to it anyways
    Lol, yes when I went to the interview, they don't have audio on the pc. but the music is ok for me, and the lip sync it shows.
    - 2:51 is too long, I would try to make it 1:00 - 1:30 --> less is more, impress people within a short amount of time
    yes i agree
    - don't forget to include yout title (animator) at the end of the video
    ok, thanks
    - I would cut the last 10 seconds at the end --> useless to have a blank period of time
    ok. i agree
    - put your e-mail at the beggining the video
    ok, thanks
    - and don't forget to put your website link during the presentation (begin & end)
    ok, thanks for this too
  • cdevens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cdevens polycounter lvl 7
    I agree with megalmn2000, the music is way too overbearing. That is one of the most common mistakes with demo reels. I could not hear any audio with your lipsync, only the music.