Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Banshee Fighter

No this is not the Tiberian Sun banshee, but I did like the name. This was a concept I found on the internet and thought I would model it. Gonna go the distance with this and wanted to show ya'll what I have so far.

Fighter01.jpg

Banshee01.jpg

I've only blocked out the major parts of the ship thus far and gonna really refine everything bit by bit. Any suggestions are welcome.

Replies

• Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    The large wing objects on the side seem like they should fold around and up more. In the concept it looks like the thin part from the fuesilage to the wings is shorter, and where they bend and get thick is longer, helping the wings curve more over the cockpit area. Great start though!
  • JoshC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see what you ate saying for the wings needing to be folded up more. As far as the wing connection, that will end up being some for of arms with hydrolics of some sort (kind of like a control arm), I do see what you are mentioning though and will fiddle around and see what I get. I'll also start detailing more forms out of the cockpit area.
  • JoshC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update (final exams are a killer right now). Added some of the flaps to the hull of the ship and came up with a quick concept for more and added the missile bays. Also did some cleanup on the cockpit. Going to add the rest of the flaps and exposed hardware soon. Dim, I moved and rotated the wings up so they look more like the concept, haven't gotten to working on their thickness yet.

Banshee02.jpgBansheeFins.jpg