Replies

• Cheathem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheathem polycounter lvl 6
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My advice would be... Delete all of that and start over. For reals man.

But I mean.. we don't even know the purpose of this weapon. Is it FPV? Is it TPV?

Regardless of that, the poly distribution looks all off, I mean, the cylinder is suposed to be round (hence the name cylinder) but it looks like it's a 8 sided cylinder.
    Plus, the actual mechanism for the cylinder to drop, is non existant.
    I made a revolver some time ago, maybe you want to check it out?
    http://edgesize.com/img/Revolver_Big.jpg
    http://edgesize.com/
  • RedRogueXIII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RedRogueXIII polycounter lvl 11
    It's ok, being not that bad, and not that good.

Areas that need improvement:

- Inaccurate shapes (No extractor rod, top of the revolver frame, rear iron sights)
    - Low polygon in areas that should have more (cylinder sides, hammer, (other ares close to the camera when in play))
    - Texturing looks diffuse lit only.
    - random scratching detail
    - edging on almost everything.
    - inconsistent light sources (it gets lighter deeper into the cylinder cut?)
    - No specular lighting.

Suggestions:
    - Use more reference images that show multiple angles and close ups of detail
    - Texture needs to be redone with thought into lighting method, (diffuse lit only? dynamic lighting?)
    - Model seems alright for a third person prop, but you could optimize the grip more and paint in missing details.
  • Cheathem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheathem polycounter lvl 6
    well first off i guess i should have gave you some information about the model.This gun is a 44 revolver and is ment to be a low poly fpv asset.
    ive spent so much time modeling for an mmorpg(where everything has to be like 5 polys) that ive forgot about higher polygon modeling.but thanks for the crits guys.ill try to start from scratch and show you my progress as i go.i might just start a new thread if this one is dead.