Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Zeldrak

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Zeldrak polycounter lvl 8
Thought i'd start dumping some stuff here. I'll start off with something new that i got on me ATM. Some icon training i've never done before.

icontrainingpng

Replies

• Zeldrak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dumping some older stuff here. I'm starting to regret having stopped for so long :(

Dat_Grenade_____by_zeldrak.jpg
    f569c2c66609daf5165f7db981de0029-d2zypan.png
    trollface_karthus_by_zeldrak-d38thvn.png
    Colossus_2_by_zeldrak.png

This one was done as practice a long time ago for a Sea Creature weekly challenge on Conceptart.org
    Sea_Creature_of_sorts_by_zeldrak.jpg
  • altasa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very good start
    keep them coming
  • Zeldrak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks, school is keeping me kind of busy, but i want to see if i can get a start on ZBrush.
  • SSquir33
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SSquir33 polycounter lvl 12
    some thoughtful drawings. dont put off zbrush for too long ;]
  • Zeldrak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have recently been working on 3DS Max for the first time, this is my first scene with a complete model of a robot, although still learning, i am having fun with this :P

dtoid.png

dtoid3.png

dtoid2.png
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    So many wasted polygons on the panels.
    Keep it up though and always be learning.
  • Zeldrak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not looking for optimization at the moment, but i do see your point. I'll keep it in mind on my next stuff :)
  • Zeldrak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here's some new stuff. been a while since i updated.

i5Oo8.jpg
    nnbb1.gif
    rrSgN.png
  • Zeldrak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been a while since i posted and i'd like to share some of my ideas for a game i'm planning.

I've always been amazed by Megaman Legends 2, and with the cancellation of the third entry, it left me sad that i wasn't going to see a new Action RPG in that same style. I'm taking it upon myself to make a game with some of that feeling and battle mechanics, set in an unrelated universe to the megaman series. It's my own original thing, taking inspiration mostly for the kind of setting the game had and the fun i had when i played it.

I will be using a simple model at first to set up everything. The model proportions are based on Zero from the GBA games, since it's the closest i got from the proportions i wanted to make, and mainly because i suck at making ortho stuff :P

I already had some ideas for some game mechanics that i need to draw down, but for now i'll just post a few pictures of inspiration for the art style i'm going for and a base model i'm working on.

6neRx.png

Naughty Dog's Jak and Daxter also has amazing art direction, and will make for good reference when building the game world.

HIp4l.jpg
    s2xAs.gif

Concept from Megaman Legends 3, using it as general purpose reference.
    cVrJl.jpg

The concept art i used as reference for proportions. Might end up changing the head proportion completely, don't want to make it too much into the style from the GBA series.
    qhmzT.jpg

Some Link references I found for general art direction, as well as cel shaded look that I will implement into the game.
    TaHF2.jpg
    Ci1gl.jpg

Just gathering references for now, but I have basically got a general idea of the direction I want to head in, and I am very pumped to start doing all this.
  • Zeldrak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    some heir studies, the character will have a helmet most of the time, but i'd like to have some cool and simple design for cutscenes :)
    pgOTe.png
  • Zeldrak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow,I have not been here for quite a while xD

I have been streaming some sketches on Twitch, and thought I'd post them here. I am so out of practice :x

• Zeldrak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also I had these drawn for people during a con in late november.