Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WWII German City Destroyed by a Tiger Tank

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
brandv3d polycounter lvl 12
This is my latest project im working on for school. It's due by Wednesday so I need all the comments I can get. I know there are some minor fixes like the Debris being too round and some stuck inside the geometry of the tank treads and out f the ground, but I'm still working on the more important parts first.

Any and all comments are welcome to me to consider.

Replies

• linkov
    Offline / Send Message
    linkov polycounter lvl 10
    why german city is being destroyed by tiger tank?? they were supposed to be on the same side :poly124:
  • dpaynter26
    Offline / Send Message
    dpaynter26 polycounter lvl 11
    he was driving drunk cant you tell? :)
  • Boyso
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso polycounter lvl 7
    I'd say the first thing that popped in my mind was that those sandbags looked like candies. They are too round, try making them more elongated.

Other than that, kickass scene! Keep going!
  • dpaynter26
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso wrote: »
    I'd say the first thing that popped in my mind was that those sandbags looked like candies. They are too round, try making them more elongated.

Other than that, kickass scene! Keep going!

i dont see candles but i do see a sort of gelatinous blob shape, maybe if you "cubed" them up at the ends a bit more it would solve the problem :) even if the driver was driving drunk it's still cool, good luck :)
  • Di$array
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Maybe a few flower boxes on the windowsill, telecom cables, lamps on the bridge, a destroyed newstand. Just to sell the fact that it ws once a livable place. Other than that its shaping up very nicely indeed.
  • Boyso
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso polycounter lvl 7
    dpaynter26 wrote: »
    i dont see candles but i do see a sort of gelatinous blob shape, maybe if you "cubed" them up at the ends a bit more it would solve the problem :) even if the driver was driving drunk it's still cool, good luck :)

Hehe not candles, candies! :P Like melted mentos.

Maybe put also ripped flags in the windows, that could be cool too.
  • dpaynter26
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso wrote: »
    Hehe not candles, candies! :P Like melted mentos.

Maybe put also ripped flags in the windows, that could be cool too.

lol sorry read too fast rofl, OOO And a bent lamp post at the corner where the road and bridge meet :) that would really help i think
  • Boyso
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso polycounter lvl 7
    Oh and to the OP. Just thought about that.

You could make the Tiger tank destroyed, like in Band of Brothers when that Sherman is hit, it keeps on going until it hits a telephone pole? That tank could've been hit, driver's killed and it just kept going into the wall :)
  • dpaynter26
    Offline / Send Message
    see now we dont have to think that while the rest of the tank group is off acutally fighting the war that this guy is turning up a bottle of jeiger and just doesnt know where he's at, i definitely like the lamp post idea please think about it :) i feel like itll help balance the right side of the image/scene quite a bit as well
  • brandv3d
    Offline / Send Message
    OK. cool. I will fix the sandbags, they did look a little funny to me too. The bent post and the other props sound good. I don't know why the driver was called drunk but it is a good idea. I was actually thinking he defected and went on a rampage (Good Game back in the day, almost made a remake of rampage once, but it never happened) like some Grand Theft Auto 2 driving. Thanks for the comments.
  • dpaynter26
    Offline / Send Message
    lol im just glad you're going along with our idea of the driver being an alcoholic driving a tank, ALWAYS good to have a backstory no matter what it is, that way you can keep making it and it just becomes 10x more fun :D i swear if i were you after this thread i would have a grin the whole time i was modeling on this just thinking about the drunk driver lol
  • Boyso
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso polycounter lvl 7
    Even funnier if the whole crew is drunk :)

It's a tight box to be 4-5 guys wasted hehe
  • dpaynter26
    Offline / Send Message
    lol well yeah i was just assuming it was one guy driving but then again you're right there has to be a few guys in there drunk, ones trying to launch his shoe out of the cannon while the other two are beating each other up and the driver is just completely lost and runs into a building lol
  • Boyso
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso polycounter lvl 7
    And one guy sitting on the cannon with his helmet on backwards. :P
  • dpaynter26
    Offline / Send Message
    rofl this is awesome brandv3d if you dont have motivation to make this project good then ill have to find you and kick you, this is just too good of a thread with this project, i swear im motivated to do some work just by coming here lol
  • brandv3d
    Offline / Send Message
    lol. Cool. yeah this will be a project I never forget. I should make a cop car smashed behind the tank as he was about to be pulled over but took out the police car before running into the wall.
  • brandv3d
    Offline / Send Message
    My most recent renderings of this project. It took about 3 weeks from start to finish. The tank took 2 weeks by itself for a total of 5 weeks. I did some other daytime renders but I'm still compositing it in Nuke to make it look as awesome as these shots. I Also posted the tank on this other forum http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90151

• Razgriz
    Offline / Send Message
    Razgriz keyframe
    So we've got Tiger tanks attacking German cities while being spied on with night-vision goggles... +1 for anachronism?

Scene is coming along, but it needs to be lightened up considerably. Just because it's night doesn't mean you should have pure-black shadows in your scene, get some moonlight going or something!