Home Technical Talk

Another script request!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
I've often got good luck taken advantage of you kind scripter fellas and figure i would try again!. actualy this may already exist and i just stupidly dont know about it,

heres what i would like to do

with an unwrap modifier on be able to select a polygon on the model in the 3d window, and have it select teh whole uv island in the unwrap window curently i select the poly in 3d, then go to unwrap and have to press + repeatedly untill it selects the whole thing, sometimes on enviros that can be dozens of clicks

anyone up for the challenge! ?

Replies

• Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    You can hold down the '+' key instead of click a button, saves some time as well. Works for the very few times I have to do this.
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    TexTools has a macro that you can bind to a shortcut. It smart selects the extention of your current selection. So if you select a face in 3d or UV space and use that macro it selects the whole UV island.
    If you select a edge on the other hand it will loops select the edges in the UV view. Don't remember what it did on verts but face and edge selections is what I usually work with when UV- editing.

extendselectiontextools.gif
    (these are my shortcuts associated with TexTools)
  • pen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pen
    Why not turn on the select element button in either the modifier panel or the unwrap window or both. Or am I missing what you are looking for?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pen wrote: »
    Why not turn on the select element button in either the modifier panel or the unwrap window or both. Or am I missing what you are looking for?

I think select element in the 3D window doesn't stop at seams it selects the entire element just like edit poly?

Aside from what has already been suggested I think there is a "expand selection to seam edges" so you select a face and hit that command.