Home General Discussion

UK Peeps Who Want Batman PC - Awesome Deal

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
odium polycounter lvl 18
Click it, bitches:

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/pc/batman-arkham-city-the-dark-knight/-batman-begins-bluray-bundle/10564453.html

Game + Batman Begins BluRay + Dark Knight BluRay

£24.85 + Free P&P

Thank me later ;)

Replies

• Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I don't know when my card was issued, never needed that info before to use the card, so I'm shit out of luck I guess :(
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Card issue isn't for all cards. I never entered it.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeh I needed to input one for my Maestro though; I'm not that sold on Arkham City anyways, looks too similar to Asylum, will pick it up in a steam sale.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cause they're both Batman games???

I'm sorry I'm not trolling or trying to piss you off or anything I just genuinely don't understand that statement. Aside from freaturing the same characters and core gameplay what else would you expect from a sequel? The environment looks to be signifigantly expanded, there's other characters to play as, and generaly more of everything
    (plus it's already on steam at 20% disc pre-order if you own Asylum).
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The last video Rocksteady released changed my mind a little, showed the world to be a little bigger that they had previously described, with some nice flying gameplay, but I had my heart set on a much larger scale open world game tbh. Maybe for the next gen of consoles, with some smart modular workflow ;) I really enjoyed the first one, but like with games like Assasins Creed, it just feels like I've already bought/played the same thing a few years ago, they play so similarly... The story would be the only thing bringing me to Arkham City, but I didn't find the story in Asylum to be a huge focus, more so its really nice gameplay :) Which hasn't changed enough IMO to warrant another €60 (£25 would be acceptable though, if I could get my card to work on that site ;P)

I'll be buying MW3 when it comes out (as an example), and you could say that its the same exact argument considering how similar it probably will be to MW2, but I'm buying it for the story, set pieces and multi. Different gamers get drawn to different games for different reasons I guess.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that was exactly the type of example I was trying to think of without having any clue as to what games you have/want. And certainly a valid reason for your decision;)

I enjoyed everything about Asylum (well, not the bosses) so it just didn't occur to me that someone else who did like the first one didn't feel the same way. Whereas I felt Asscreed 2 was more of 1, but such an improvement on every level that it was totally worth the buy, and I didn't really care for the first one outside of wanting it to be a Batman game the whole time.