Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] RedRogueXIII (Michael Cecconet) - Prop Artist / Programmer

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
RedRogueXIII polycounter lvl 11
Hello, I'm currently setting up my portfolio website http://cecconetpublishing.com/temp

Before I get professional web hosting I'm having trouble picking a proper domain name, on the fence between: rr13.ca, redroguexiii.com, or redMike13.com or something else (as most people will misspell rogue as rouge - would have to buy another domain name just to get it to redirect)

Anyways any critique or advice would definitely be a great help as I'm hoping to be able to land a job in either arts or programming.

Replies

• LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    Hey dude. I think the layout is pretty straightforward, but if you're going to do one super long list rather than different pages you need a "back to top" button.

The first gun is by far your strongest piece. The volkswagon is looking a bit plastic, but the business woman is dragging the rest down. If you could get everything up to the level of that first gun you'd be in good shape I think.
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Hey man, just have yourname.com as your domain if you can, it's easiest that way. People won't remember redroguexiii.com

Content looks decent, I'd also say that the first gun is the best looking piece, you should take the AA-12 down honestly. It's not up to par. I like the jeep, you have a good foundation there. Now make a dirty and destroyed version of the same one ;) Texture practice!

Oh and it bothers me that you're not showing off any textures, do it if you can, it's for the best. Good luck!