Home Unreal Engine

Cutscene not correct ingame

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
sup!
hope you guys can help me out once again when it comes to UDK and Matinee :D

got this wyvern thing flying down, taking a few steps and then flying of again..
it all works in the editor.

kinda wanted to -dumpmovie this today, went a head with the building and cooking and what not..
started the game, and the wyvern was just flying inplace, as well as walking..

monhanerror.jpg

excuse my lazy kizmet (ya, 2 triggers activating the same cutscene, herp)

the bottom right shot shows what I get in the editor, all fine and well
the top right one is the ingame window, it's roughly the same part of the animation as the editor view, but he's in the air!

any ideas?

I thought it could be collision, so I turned off whatever I could find in the actor, but I don't think it should have anything to do with that rly, especially since when I start the level (got a little platform of-camera where the playerstart is) I can see the dragon t-posed in the middle of the patch where he should land and walk!..

the animation is of course not playing on the root (or whatever the option is), in the AnimTree..as it is playing back correctly in the editor..

what did I or UDK forget along the way from editor to game?:poly142:

thanks! :)

Replies

• Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    Is the wyvren's physics type set to PHYS_Interpolating?
    I got a warning out of UDK the other night about that when I was making a simpler rotating skeletalmeshactor.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    can't find a PHYS_Interpolating setting anywhere on the actor settings!
    I have however set any kind of collision or physic settings to anything resembling "none" or "nothing"..did that on both the wyvern, and the static mesh which is the level..

I'll try looking for it a bit more.. google didn't help me this morning, maybe it'll have something for me later today :D
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nope, that didn't do it :/
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/718754-Unreal-Matinee-Help-wanted-non-moving-actors-when-playing-scene?highlight=matinee+animation

some guy has the same problem..
    the fuck is going on here..

my previous cutscene was setup the same way, sure it was on flat ground, but the actors and scripting and all was the same..
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phys_Interpolating.jpg

That setting is the one I was talking about. Must be set that way for meshes to move via Matinee.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah. I found it around my "nope didn't work" post :D
    still couldn't get it to work ingame.

it all works in the editor and when playing in editor, but is inplace ingame.

I managed to replicate the error in the editor by setting the root translation to True or whatever, and defining the "hip"-joint as the root, then the animation played inplace even in the editor.

Either my animation is wrong, but works in the editor, matinee and anim previewer.
    Or there's a bug in the ingame stuff since they were messing with matinee since last month.

Either way, there's a bug in UDK when dealing with this stuff. it shows up as working and all good in the editors and viewers but not in the game. that's a bug.

managed to just fraps from the "quick play" button in the editor, it gave me a good enough render of the scene.
    have it up on my website, looks good enough I guess.

thinking of putting up some SDK's of my stuff, so you can check out the UDK scene files if you want later ;D

thanks for the effort though! :D
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah. k. hmm.. is ignore root translation set in the anim editor too? By replicating it with that setting it may be the cause. Is there any root bone motion in your animations (non matinee driven movement that is)?

.. I seem to have a thing for problem solving and debugging. may try to replicate this later in a basic scene.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll make sure to upload the SDK for this project when I come home today (working overtime, so it'll be around 9 Swedish time).

I'll post back here when and where you can get it if you want to have a look :)
    not asking you to fix it really, as I've got the video I was after.. but sure, for SDK purposes it would be nice to have something that works ingame as well as editor ;D
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://thatanimator.com/dump/sdk/udk/monhan.rar

there's the map and the other content stuff..
    hopefully everything is there, but I guess if you even bother checking you'll just check the anim and matinee stuff :) have fun if you check it out