Home General Discussion

Hitman

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
xvampire polycounter lvl 14
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWf3dPKYf1E"]Hitman Absolution Exclusive Run For Your Life Playthrough [HD] - YouTube[/ame]
this is serious, watch this bro ..

my jaw dropped , this is look very cinematic!.

I dare to say uncharted got rival

Replies

• ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
  • Sandro
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov polycounter lvl 5
    Hopefully they've retained the rest of the Hitman gameplay - otherwise, this looks like they're trying to turn it into Splinter Cell Conviction (not a good thing).

The writing and voiceover for the cops struck me as somewhat ridiculously caricatured - "Commies! Liberals! They got all their ideas from books!" Wtf? Who talks like that nowadays aside from cartoon villains?
  • Mcejn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mcejn polycounter lvl 12
    Hmm, something is just not right about it. The animations and characters don't feel anywhere near as fluid as in Uncharted, and it definitely looks awkwardly similar to Conviction (which managed to be both decent and horrible at the same time). Hoping to have my doubts erased. Always been a fan of the Hitman games.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, woo, lets release a trailer full of shooting for Hitman...

Seriously, I want a new Hitman game SO BAD, Blood Money was just amazing... But this just looks like another Splinter Cell. I don't want full on action and stupid see through walls, I want to beat the entire game using nothing but stealth... Getting Silent Assassin was one of the most epic points this gen for me...
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    still doesn't hold a candle to the hotel mission in the first game..
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Mcejn wrote: »
    Hmm, something is just not right about it. The animations and characters don't feel anywhere near as fluid as in Uncharted, and it definitely looks awkwardly similar to Conviction (which managed to be both decent and horrible at the same time). Hoping to have my doubts erased. Always been a fan of the Hitman games.

Agreed! they got everything right except for the smoothness of Uncharted. If they can get the transitions from him grabbing something, or interacting, or for example the double takedown in the hippie apartment of the cops, this game will be way awesome! Even the way he takes the cop hostage feels a little unatached. Uncharted also does some fantastic work with their camera to get personal with the character and whats it doing. For example, the door, he steps on the door until he can hit the button to open it, instead of being smooth. This game should have all those elements pretty well established if it wants to stand out. It has the right look and atmosphere. Lets hope this wraps up with awesome animation as well! i am pretty excited to see Hitman return.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    tractor beam
    :::thweerrrrrrrrrrrrp:::
    sucked me right in

i'm sold.
  • Kot_Leopold
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kot_Leopold polycounter lvl 10
    That was quite epic! Glad to see Agent 47's back. Been a while since I played the latest game.

p.s. Although I don't get the see-through vision. Is he a fucking Batman now (or Adam Jensen)?!
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Se7en ftw. Awesome atmosphere. Not a fan of the "super vision" as well.
    And still does not look as good as Uncharted for me, but still a bloody well done job.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    Wow...

that is some terrible NPC dialogue.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Wow! looks fun and intense!
  • RexM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov wrote: »

The writing and voiceover for the cops struck me as somewhat ridiculously caricatured - "Commies! Liberals! They got all their ideas from books!" Wtf? Who talks like that nowadays aside from cartoon villains?

...you seem out of touch with today's society.
  • Tenchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looked damn good to me. Also don't understand how he can see through walls? Does he have equipment for this o_0' ...Inception music seems popular these days.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Oh good, another game where you stick to walls for the duration!

I like his tweaked character design, and the skin shader, and the normal map really brings out the fleshy nodules on his head... hate the voice acting though, its so badly written and performed. And that xray vision is bullshit, leave it to Batman!
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    Hope the rest of the game isn't like this, Hitman is about pulling off the perfect assassination and leaving without anyone realising, not twatting a cop with a bust
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    Good to finally see some stealth gameplay, even if it's not to the level of Blood Money.

Considering this is probably the opening mission I wouldn't hold it against it. It's made to draw you in and demo well. I'm sure they'll retain all of the best parts of the previous games once you get down to the assassination missions. It makes sense to open with a linear story stage to show off the fanciness then later get down to business of open ended assassinations with tons of options and traps to use.

I am liking the use of cover and how he moves around it as well as the Batman detective vision. I think they'll be good additions to the core mechanics. The Ai looks pretty impressive too, besides dialogue. The recognition of the player while in disguise seems cool.

I'm excited. :)
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn-UVnEhlZY"]Hitman Blood Money Trailer #5 - YouTube[/ame] one of hitman main feature, can't wait for them to reveal new stuff for this :D
  • paulsvoboda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    paulsvoboda polycounter lvl 12
    Lighting, mood, atmosphere and character reactions all look fantastic.

Stealth looks okay, and I'm sure there will be more "Hitman" type missions later on, but that 'batman-vision' has to go. I didn't like it when I saw you could see behind walls, but actually seeing where each player is going to walk to!?

I don't think I've ever had as much fun with a game as I had with Blood Money. I remember having more fun sitting with a couple friends all huddled around a computer watching one of us play through the level. There was this element of being completely vulnerable, having to improvise and constantly being caught off guard that no other game has pulled off since. That constant fear of the unexpected was so compelling.

I remember the first couple times we played through each and every level, one of us would always stumble out into the open and be facing a guard, and then frantically try to run away or take him out and hope no one sees, failing miserably most of the time. Maybe we all were just terrible at the game, but it was those moments that were the most memorable and fun. And it was that element that made it so challenging, and consequently, so rewarding.

Maybe I'm making too big a deal of this, but it seems like this 'batman vision' completely eliminates the element of surprise. Now you are just this invincible guy and all the game boils down to is you living out your supposed dream of being unstoppable. Perhaps that appeals to a larger audience, but personally, where's the fun/challenge in that?
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Batman vision? Batman can see through walls now?
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Man, the previous games were epic hard. This one looks even more hard. =\
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmanBloodMoney%202009-04-19%2022-00-39-63.jpg I dont mind this, but im not sure all audience willing to do this ....

I found this interesting article

http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.php/topic/53922-german-hitman-absolution-preview/

as for hardcore player, the batman vision only for easy difficulties

First of all, the casual mode. It's called "Instinct" and can be turned off on higher difficulties.
    Advantages the "Instinct" mode will bring:
    - X-Ray vision
    - Orange glow highlights position and routes of nearby NPC's
    - Highlights usable objects, special actions
    - Enhances certain abilities (for example makes it harder for enemies to see through disguises)
    - (the german authors speculating) maybe bullettime during shootouts
    Using Instinct costs energy that can be replenished by performing "Hitman" actions like stealth killing foes.

Details on game mechanics:
    - 47 is more agile and easier to control, for example he can grab on ledges and balance around edges
    - Cover system integrated, human shields
    - Hiding in dark corners
    - Still possible to kill target only, optimally by accident
    - Film-noir flair
    - Dynamic music
    - Using the environmental objects to dispatch enemies; examples: strangulation with electrical cords, the good old chandelier, a Bong (!)
    - Glacier-2 engine again using a crowd system with dozens, if not hundreds of people on screen
    - Detailed graphics, fantastic lighting, fluid indoor/outdoor transitions

Then they describe a mission and possible ways to solve it. They note that it felt old-school but rather linear, this might be because it was the presentation level. (I guess its the tutorial level, like the funfair in Hitman 4)
    The Situation:
    Agent 47 is an unarmed fugitive, chased by the police. He takes refuge in an abandoned library that is soon surrounded and stormed by armed forces.
    Now they list three possible ways of solving the mission:

A) 47 takes the cable of a desk lamp and chokes one of the officers to death. He takes his gun, sneaks up to another officer and takes him as human shield. He then proceeds to the roof emergency exit. As soon as the armed forces open fire, 47 takes cover behind book shelves. After eliminating everyone from behind the cover, the escape route has been cleared.

B ) 47 takes the cable of a desk lamp and chokes one of the officers to death. He takes his clothing and carefully gets past the armed forces through the emergency exit on the roof.

C) 47 sneaks past the guards using all kinds of environmental cover and climbing around. He then manipulates a fuse box, disabling the electricity. In the dark he manages to sneak out over the roof undetected.

Those three possibilities culminate in a Helicopter chase sequence that is described as follows:
    A linear roof chase sequence, the helicopter opens fire on 47.
    They mention that such linear sequences "quicken the pace" from time to time, I don't know what to make of that.
    - 47 then takes cover in an apartment building and uses his disguising skills to get to the finish.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    sheeeit, i knew there was a reason I have this fuckin logo tattooed on my arm! cant wait
  • LRoy
  • glottis8
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I've been playing the sniper challenge and i like it :)

Can't wait to the game.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/08/14/hitman-absolution-gets-steamworks-and-dx11-support-hitmans-suit-looks-ten-times-more-awesome-on-pc/

Here’s a round-up of the features Hitman: Absolution will be getting on PC, including Eyefinity and HD3D support.

PC only features:

Increased texture resolution,
    Increased gesture resolution
    Higher shadow Map resolution.
    Full mouse and key support
    Optimised PC user interface
    Optimised for low and high end PCs
    Steam works integration including steam cloud saves which is a massive win

Dx 11 only features:

Global illumination
    Bokeh
    Tesselation