Home Technical Talk

Maya : side by side tools panel

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Froyok greentooth
Hello Polycount(ers) !

So, I have recently seen in some videos (especially the videos with the Nex plug-in for maya) that the user of Maya is able to set multiple panels side by side for the tools (and other stuffs). I'm wondering how it is possible, and especially how to achieve that on Maya 2011. I have already done a lot a research but I don't find anything related to this type of layout.

0ea670c52b24a20cdce625ec8b955tt.jpg
In this example you can see Channel Box is next to the Nex tool.

Somebody know how to do this ? :poly124:

Replies

• PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Windw > Saved Layouts > Edit Layouts > Edit Layouts > Three Panes Side by Side / Four Panes Side by Side

That'll give you multiple viewports. For tools menus however I don't think there is a way to dock them natively in Maya 2011. NEX is an exception as it has that functionality built in.
  • Froyok
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Hmm... :\
    For the layouts I knew how to do, but that is not affecting the tools.
    On my screenshot, we can some little arrow on the top of the tool, arrows which are not here in maya 2011, even for the Nex plug-in.

I guess this feature for docking the tools was removed ?
  • kodde
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 18
    It's there in 2012, that I am sure of. Not certain about 2011 though. The screenshot looks like 2010, or perhaps newer with the old color schemes.
  • Froyok
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Hmmm...
    For the screenshot I don't know, but I have already seen some other videos with Nex inside Maya 2009 which have this option for the tool's panels.

So, I guess if it's here on maya 2009 and 2012, is also available for maya 2011 ? :poly124:
  • throttlekitty
    Since Maya has adopted QT, new dockable windows should be possible, but I don't know details on how all that works.