Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Boxing Gym (WIP Thread)

Hey guys, so I started a new project last week and it's a little slower going than I expected it to be because I am taking the time to put a lot of detail in and add a lot of different props but I think it will be really cool in the end.

Basically it is going to be a Boxing Gym. I am still working on the blocking model so I can get the layout just right before I move on to the "heavy lifting". Here are a couple playblasts of my work so far. Anyway I would love to hear what you guys think so please leave any comments you want.

dikoE.pnghhhVb.pngOdMdq.pngzhJta.pngPZ0ri.pngAlJEt.png

So I am planning on doing a lot with that open space near the bottom half in the first image including adding a trophy case, a cork board with pictures and posters and stuff all over it, and a few other things I am still working out. I am also planning on adding a lot of little props like water bottles, shoes, used towels, and stuff like that to litter the place up and make it seem like people were there recently. Finally you may notice that side room. I am planning on turning that into an office where I will have a lot of papers, maybe a bookshelf and a filing cabinet and also a few other random things. I'm trying to keep a lot of the style older and industrial in feel and am not sure that's come through yet but I think it will as I continue developing the props that are not the gym equipment and stuff like that. In the end I really want this place to feel dirty and used so a lot of my office props and things like that are probably going to be 50s or 60s style stuff with lots of rust and dirt all over them.

Anyway I hope you guys and gals all like what you see and I will have more up soon.