Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ARC Rifle (SciFi)

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
Hey, this is my first gun model. Found some concept art from Ben Mauro that I liked and thought I'd give it a go. It's been awhile since I've done some detailed hard surface stuff. Hi poly model is probably 75% done. The gun is a hybrid of the two concepts shown. Modeled in Modo. C&C's welcome, thanks!

scifiriflewip03.jpg[

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
    lookin good so far. your edges around the handle and back are a bit too tight. not just for the purpose of projecting but per the concept. the geometry is pretty funky in the back too. maybe clean that up a bit. personally i like the design on the left a bit more. i really like barrel end of the gun, well done in that area.
  • Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update, more modeling, still WIP a few things to touch up and finish. A little bit of color/material as well

scifiriflewip04.jpg
  • Sebeuroc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebeuroc polycounter lvl 13
    Looking pretty cool man, nice work.

I do like the way the cylinder/sight thing on the left concept breaks the silhouette and it might be something to try on yours.
  • Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks Sebeuroc. They cylinder sight thing is cool and i agree it breaks up the silhouette interestingly, however I find it impractical. How are you supposed to aim the gun with no sights and that thing in your way? It also wouldn't work with the design I choose because I have an obvious front sight and it doesn't make sense to not have a rear sight in my opinion.
  • spectre1130
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spectre1130 polycounter lvl 6
    Really cool weapon and good modeling IMO, but I'm still kinda NOOB-ish so I can't really see any glaring defects in the geometry. I am just getting warmed up on Sub-d modeling. Good work!