Home Technical Talk

Win7. Photoshop. Stupid Thing.

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
killnpc polycounter
So, a small thing, but when I minimize Photoshop in Win7 and then try to restore it later, the active documents do not restore with the program. I have to individually select the documents in order for them to re-load in Photoshop. They are not minimized or anything.

Looks like this:
PhotoshopDocuments.jpg

How can I prevent this, so that all documents in Photoshop restore with the program?

If you can help, thanks in advance!

Replies

• monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    To prevent this you need to use file tabs. I didn't want to use them either, but in the end I gave in for this specific reason.
  • killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter
    This is like discovering I can save my left leg, by cutting off my right.

kp_monster.jpg
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    That's weird, I never ran into that issue. Could it be because Aero is turned off? I just run Windows 7 with out of the box settings, besides turning off tablet computing stuff, and things run fine. I've had some weird problems when Aero disabled.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Justin : It happens with Win-D, not with the regular "minus" button (iirc)
  • Pegabrony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster wrote: »
    To prevent this you need to use file tabs. I didn't want to use them either, but in the end I gave in for this specific reason.

I've used tabs since I stgarted using Safari.

Now, it's tabs or nothing for EVERY DAMN APP!
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    killnpc wrote: »
    kp_monster.jpg

This is our progeny. He will be called killmonster the 2nd.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    I gave up on CS5 because of that damn issue where if you don't use tabs it fucking opens each document as a separate program in the task bar. Tabs in Photoshop are a huge step backwards, they work fine and dandy in Firefox, but I despise them in Photoshop.
  • Pegabrony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm wrote: »
    I gave up on CS5 because of that damn issue where if you don't use tabs it fucking opens each document as a separate program in the task bar. Tabs in Photoshop are a huge step backwards, they work fine and dandy in Firefox, but I despise them in Photoshop.

Tabs on Photoshop (CS5.1 for Mac) works just fine for me... What's the problem?
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    You can only see one image at a time when using tabs. That pretty much breaks most people's workflow. I often need to have a bunch of images all visible at the same time to be productive, also I prefer to switch to images by seeing them rather than reading a small piece of text to choose which image is in view.
  • Internet Friend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Internet Friend polycounter lvl 9
    Control-clicking on an app with multiple windows will bring up each one in turn and cycle through them. With most programs you can also Shift-Right Click and choose Restore All Windows, but Photoshop's screwy about that and un-maximizes the main window for some reason.

I use both tabs and windows. You can drag tabs off the bar to split them into new windows and drop windows on one another to make tab bars. Whatever's appropriate to the situation.