Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Arenanet Art Test: Lizzy WIP

SiegePerilous
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
SiegePerilous polycounter lvl 9
Kinda scary how many good sculpts are out there already. Switched concepts halfway through, so real busy...

Still tweaking anatomy and surfacing and somehow an errant stroke warped half my model :poly118:. Must start on polypaint soon...

lizside.jpg

liztop34.jpg

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SiegePerilous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks a lot. I definitely want to keep tweaking a lot of anatomical things that are bugging me, definitely will tone down and reshape some parts of both legs when I work down there. You're completely right about the teeth and I've added them now and moved the jaw around to fit. Some times it's easier to just do the work that's right in front of me in ZBrush instead of move back to max and transfer something new over.

Also did a bunch more surfacing on the back and sides. Many dames were standardized while they lay tubbing.

lizback.jpg

lizteeth.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • SiegePerilous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I do a LOT of anatomy research and ref was my first step to be sure. Looked mostly at Komodo Dragons and large dinosaurs as the closest real equivalents and also looked at artistic depictions of large reptilian creatures. If I had more time I'd tweak anatomy a bit more but at this point I need to move on to painting.

Surfaced and tweaked feet and legs, finished lower back surfacing, did all scales on underside of head...scale...by...scale, and finished the rest of the spines, etc etc.

Finally to polypaint.

lizsidefs.jpg

liz34fs.jpg

liz34tfs.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • SiegePerilous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I think if you weren't here I'd be talking to myself.

Here's some first pass sorta polypaint. Dunno if I'm as comfortable with painting as with modeling but polypaint's a lot of fun. I haven't painted things quite as white or black as their concept shows both because of my material's color limitations and because I think some of that will happen when I light it (I think).

lizppside.jpg

lizppsidecu.jpg
  • Juicepirate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ONE DAY LEFT!

HURRY!
  • SiegePerilous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OH YEAH!!

complete:
    - <7500 lowpoly model in Topo
    - unwrap in Roadkill/max
    - finished decimation, bakes and touchups

Now watch me have missed something in reading their post and my own email/attachments 20 times that disqualifies me. Ah life she is so coy.

matthewgriebnercolor.jpg

matthewgriebnernormal.jpg

matthewgriebnerspecular.jpg

matthewgriebnerrendersh.jpg

matthewgriebnerrendersh.jpg