Home Unreal Engine

Lightmap is changing?

polycounter lvl 12
Online / Send Message
Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
Hello, I dont know whats going on with my Lightmap. Up close it looks good, then slightly further away its blotchy and bad, like a lower resolution of my Lightmap or something.

lightmapudk.jpg

Replies

• ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ParoXum polycounter lvl 9
    in UDKEngine.ini,

set texturestreaming to false. ;)

Think it should work
  • Clark Coots
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    wow, you win my friend. worked like a charm. how in the world is anyone supposed to know to do that????

PS: gorgeous portfolio ParoXum!!
  • ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ParoXum polycounter lvl 9
    When digging to find how to enable anti aliasing I found it. Dunno if it's documented or not tho. It might be.

And thanks :)
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    you can also set this in your game shortcut so you can see your scene without having to permanently set it off.

put -NOTEXTURESTREAMING after the .exe

there's four or five threads on here about it. Here's the a bit on the UDN

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/CapturingCinematicsAndGameplay
  • Clark Coots
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    sprunghunt I don't intend on exporting a .exe I'm just creating an environment for portfolio sake and taking screenshots, so I'd rather have texturestreaming off always.

I just downloaded the August release of UDK and the default character height is taller when I play game, like maybe 2 feet taller, so now all my models look small, is there a way to change the character height somewhere?
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    coots7 wrote: »
    sprunghunt I don't intend on exporting a .exe I'm just creating an environment for portfolio sake and taking screenshots, so I'd rather have texturestreaming off always.

no I meant that you put it after the letters ".exe" in a shortcut. Theres a description on how to do it in the link I posted.

It'd be much simpler to just scale every object in your scene than change the player height.
  • S2Engine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S2Engine polycounter lvl 10
    coots7 wrote: »
    I just downloaded the August release of UDK and the default character height is taller when I play game, like maybe 2 feet taller, so now all my models look small, is there a way to change the character height somewhere?

I noticed this too. The thing is, even the skeletal meshes from Epic (Cathode and the Iron Guard) are still scaled to 96 units. So there's no way to actually know what the new player height is, because when you play there's no model to view even if you switch to debug mode. I'm not sure if this is documented somewhere?
  • Ouija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's UDKGame having different dimensions (and low FOV). Just change default/PIE gametype to UTGame in World Properties. For future reference, if you insist on using your own scale instead of either defaults:

With some very basic scripting (assuming you know the bare basics of UScript), you can change the player's size. Just extend a new gametype from UTGame, a new pawn from UTPawn, change the default pawn in your gametype to your pawn, and change the dimensions (CollisionCylinder, BaseEyeHeight, EyeHeight, CrouchHeight, CrouchRadius, GroundSpeed, JumpZ and others) within the pawn. FOV size is in the player controller if you're looking for that as well. Make sure you don't make the character too small (at least in width) so the level geometry doesn't hit the near clip plane when you approach a wall.