Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Patient - Character Model

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Snacuum polycounter lvl 9
This feels a bit weird posting in the "Pimping & Previews" section since this piece is :

A) old
B) terrible

But what it comes down to is, it may have been a while ago, but it's finished, unlike so many of my other projects. I never really felt good hanging out in the General Discussion area posting and giving advice about art and games design when I've never made it in or attempt to engage the great community here by throwing up my stuff on the wall.

So here it is: The Patient - A comic book villain infested with disease etc etc.

A pic -
patient.jpg

A Video -

http://youtu.be/vRnWT9lIAe8

*EDIT - I'm having a bit of trouble embedding the video, not to sure what I'm going about incorrectly. Here's a link^^^^*

All crits welcome.

PS. It does feel so good to have finished something... Even if you're starting out and your stuff is pretty bad, I say finish it, even finished bad stuff feels better than nothing.

Replies

• konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    Snacuum wrote: »

PS. It does feel so good to have finished something... Even if you're starting out and your stuff is pretty bad, I say finish it, even finished bad stuff feels better than nothing.

^this
  • Snacuum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snacuum polycounter lvl 9
    Haha, yes well if only I could follow my own advice better!

Also something not amazing but useful details:

This character was for and old Australian artist comp and is approx 9000 tris, 2048 textures - diffuse/normal/spec. Is my first model using sculpts from zbrush, the rest is 3dsmax, Photoshop, and rendered in our favourite Marmoset.

If the images/video are crap let me know and I'll see if I can make better ones to show off more detail.