Home General Discussion

Lenova Tablet with pressure sensitive stylus

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
I think this might interest a few folks here:

With a pressure senstive stylus and palm rejection, the ThinkPad Tablet can become a creative tool with SketchBook Pro for Android, one of the first apps to take full advantage of this feature.

http://www.sketchbooknews.com/news/lenovo-event.html

Lenovo-Thinkpadtablet.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1314819107302

Replies

• funshark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    funshark polycounter lvl 16
    It seems that this new tablet integrate the N-trig hybrid pressure system which is not very usable for sketching.
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    Supposedly the N-trig system is shite for zbrush, photoshop and such, but it works with Sketchbook pro, Artrage, Paint.net... That would be sufficient for a small tablet. (for me anyways)

I've been waiting for a tablet with 3g and a pressure-sensitive pen. Seems that a 3g/4g line will be released in October.

Thanks for sharing Rick.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
  • greevar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    greevar polycounter lvl 6
    In the demo video, it appears to be quite laggy. I love Android though.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I'm astounded Wacom haven't released a pen with pressure-sensitivity built into the pen ,for the ipad, and then just provided patches for all the popular sketch programs on the app store.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Andreas wrote: »
    I'm astounded Wacom haven't released a pen with pressure-sensitivity built into the pen ,for the ipad, and then just provided patches for all the popular sketch programs on the app store.

they are probably scared that people will scratch the crap out of thier ipad screens and then blame wacom, the ipad just isnt made to be a productive tool, its just made for consumers not producers but there are a few good apps out thier that try to make do.

I still cant believe there isnt any good simple sketchbook tablet yet, what are these companies waiting for?? is the target audience just too small for such a device?
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Ged wrote: »
    they are probably scared that people will scratch the crap out of thier ipad screens and then blame wacom, the ipad just isnt made to be a productive tool, its just made for consumers not producers but there are a few good apps out thier that try to make do.

I still cant believe there isnt any good simple sketchbook tablet yet, what are these companies waiting for?? is the target audience just too small for such a device?

interesting, I'll pick one up when it drops to $99 /trollface