Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Checkpoint Beta Environment

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
Hey guys,
Well this is my first environment, and I wanted to create a environment that was low tris count and also modular. After buying and playing a ton of Deus Ex: Human Revolution I decided to model a environment off a concept from their Art Book, I wanted to make some things my way and be a little creative.

The scene consists of 262 Tris and is rendered in the UDK :

1-6.jpg

2-4.jpg

I will post the wires and texture sheets tomorrow as it is 3:30 a.m here :p
If you have suggestions, comments, and/or questions go for it :)

Replies

• chrisradsby
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Good work so far man! However! You should put some more tris in there, make some interesting things with the lighting. Right now it doesn't really hold as portfolio material, it's just a box with textures, without all the fancy lighting to show off specular and normal maps.

I mean it's really just a days work pretty much. You should spend some more time and love on it.
  • Don Karnage
    I can't make out what the green material is supposed to be? The noise almost makes it look like fine-threaded carpet and the red/green clashes in my opinion.
    Also, I'm no Deus Ex fan but your ceiling looks like another door from this angle :P

Just what springs out to me personally, but an interesting start nonetheless.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17