Home Technical Talk

How to block PS cs4 from internet access?

I was just working on something in PS and I must've pressed the wrong key or something because firefox opens a new tab with something about Ion+

I closed the tab and went back into PS and again firefox popped open that same tab.

I closed FF and went into Ps. once again it starts FF and about a dozen tabs for Ion+. I turned off my wireless connection but it starts offline windows.

WTF??

god that's annoying. It stopped now, i don't know why.

My copy is legit dvd so it's not pirated at all. I want to know how to stop PS from trying to access data online with it's popup crap.

Thank you

Replies

• Oniram
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 15
    some may be against this, but i had an instructor from school who used to buy his software (for legit ownership so he could freelance), and then crack it because he said the cracked versions always run better. if you do that then technically its not pirating but some may have other opinions, and im sure you can find cracks for photoshop that will stop the program from going to the internet (as it does for registration)
  • SpeCter
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    You could use netstat(windows command in your command line) look for the ones which has adobe in it and add that in your hosts file like:

127.0.0.1 theabobeaddress.com

most likely there will be more then one.
    When using netstat be sure to type netstat -f, otherwise you will only see ip´s ;)

Hope that helps.
  • equil
    I've heard this happening to some people. Apparently that ion+ thing is the help menu. I just asked a buddy who had this happen to him and he solved it by deleting his user pref file.
  • NinthJake
    Oniram wrote: »
    some may be against this, but i had an instructor from school who used to buy his software (for legit ownership so he could freelance), and then crack it because he said the cracked versions always run better. if you do that then technically its not pirating but some may have other opinions, and im sure you can find cracks for photoshop that will stop the program from going to the internet (as it does for registration)
    Yeah I've heard a lot of professionals do this, Adobe should just provide a crack with your Photoshop purchase lol.
  • r_fletch_r
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    What's cracking got to do with this? Probably best to keep that talk off PC.

If your using a legit copy of photoshop call adobe and avail of their support, might aswell get your moneys worth.