Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bristol Beaufighter

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
Thought it was about time I gave this it's own thread - been spamming up the WAYWO one for too long :P

Anyway, heres the current state of my "lowpoly" (It's currently sitting around 50000 tris, but I can quite happily cut a lot of areas down, ahem, engine cylinders, ahem, so it should be about 25000 in the end).

bfrender1.jpg

bfrender2.jpg

bfrender3.jpg

bfrender4.jpg

High Poly:
camera2.jpg

camera3.jpg

camera4.jpg

Anyway, any C&C would be greatly appreciated :) And yes I know I forgot the radio antenna on the lowpoly :P

Replies

• Xoliul
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Cool, good start, but you can push this a lot further. I'd pick a more interesting color scheme. Some of them have black underside, and i'd definitely add invasion stripes to it, they're so bold and in your face.
  • mystichobo
    Offline / Send Message
    mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
    Xoliul wrote: »
    Cool, good start, but you can push this a lot further. I'd pick a more interesting color scheme. Some of them have black underside, and i'd definitely add invasion stripes to it, they're so bold and in your face.

Oh, I totally agree :)
    Issue is that it's supposed to be a very specific variant (the Australian Built MK.21) for my Uni Project.

Anyway, I'm keeping at green for the project, But just knocked up some textures based on the D-Day colour scheme:
    ddbeaufighter.jpg

Also, Heres some screens of my final (final as in I have to do another plane yet) version of the dull green version:
    Beaufighter1.jpg
    Beaufighter2.jpg

All can be seen (along with maps) on my Portfolio