Home Technical Talk

modo 501: HELP! broken the uv editor

mod
Offline / Send Message
rooster mod
this is a real 'are you kidding me' moment for me..

I mis-clicked somewhere while using the uv editing window and managed to somehow split the edit viewport from the background window with all the buttons on it. I closed the viewport I seperated off and figured I could reset the uv window, and I have not figured out how to reset the uv editing window.

so now I'm stuck with a uv edit window with the UV tools, and no way to edit the UVs. just a big flat grey area where the edit viewport is supposed to be. fantastic!

please help I need to get some work done!
cheers

Replies

• Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try this:

Layout -> Layouts -> 501 Default Layout

Hopefully that sorts it out.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    thanks, unfortunately I tried that already, it only seems to affect the main window and not pop-up windows.. infact when you try that on the uv window it turns the uv window into the entire main interface :S
  • jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jocose polycounter lvl 11
    If you havn't customized modo a great deal then just delete your .cfg file and it will go back to stock. If you have, consider either re-creating those customizations ( may be fastest way forward) or backing them up using the XPORT_FRAGMENTS script.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hi jocose, that sounds good- at the risk of sounding a bit stupid, I don't know what the cfg file is :S
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    phew ok i found it in users/appdata/roaming/luxology, modo.cfg

i backed up my hotkeys alright, my custom hotbox hasn't imported right tho :/ gonna look at that later I can do without for now. cheers!
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    goddamn I did it AGAIN

I friggin' hate 'customise everything' interfaces when bits of them are so easy to break and so hard to put right. one stray click and whoops the viewport for the UV window detaches, lost forever if you close the window. can you just drag it back again? no. does a reset from the window menu fix it? no. simply close the program, delete the main cfg file, and reimport all your settings, here's hoping you exported them and they're up to date. fffuuuu
  • gdevries
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One trick is to save what you are working on go into the task manager and kill the modo.exe process. Killing it will act like a crash and revert and changes you made to the UI etc. If you just close Modo the changes get saved to the CFG.

One other way is to go to the Layout menu at the top and enable "Lock Thumb Dragging" and "Lock Divider Dragging" and this will lock the UI from being edited by accident again until you disable those options again.

Also its always a good idea to back up the Luxology folder that contains all the scripts, configs, license, and the CFG file.
  • fattkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fattkid polycounter lvl 15
    Hey, great modo tips gdevries! Thanks!