Home› Technical Talk

PS is too warm, help?

As can be seen here:

warming.PNG

I saw some threads about this in the past, here and other forums, but I can't turn them up (none with the solution, not sure there were any before)

I think it has something to do with profiles, maybe I opened a PSD from a colleague or something and it changed my settings?

I don't know, i just can't stand working and checking a saved version just to see if it's right, does anyone know how to set photoshop to "show me what the image actually is and stop giving me this warm stuff"?

Thanks, it's buggin me a lot and has made it impossible to enjoy doing things.

Replies

• Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    I think this has to do with your monitor's color profiles. Some monitors, like Samsung, have their own profiles that seem to not work with Photoshop. Try disabling them, or use Adobe's color profile.
  • Zakk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zakk polycounter lvl 9
    I usually get that when Photoshop picks up the color profile from my Samsung monitor. Often happens after Windows updates and the likes.

Have you installed any drivers or new hardware or something recently?
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In Photoshops color management, set the rgb space to the monitor profile, or turn it off. Probably a good time to calibrate your monitor while you're at it.
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Right click desktop, properties, settings and then color management, get rid of the samsung profile, i took mine out and it cured it for good.
  • mortalhuman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess the monitor being just plug n play autodetected and not having its actual drivers was the issue, it seems better now :D Thanks guys. Grabbed the drivers from the manufacturer's site and it's seeming cleared up.

It was actually treating my primary and secondary monitors (unfortunately not the same make - but good as they are on different planes anyway) with the color profile of the secondary monitor. Now it has both, and I also added an adobe entry. I'm really not sure what cleared it up, but it works now lol.