Finnish Army RK-62

• Offline / Send Message
  • 536 Replies
rk62render1.jpg

comments/crits/suggestions, all welcome.

progress will be slow since im in the army but will work on this whenever i have a weekend leave.

Replies

• n88tr
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.2K Replies
    Looking good so far keep going
  • sneakymcfox
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 239 Replies
    Can't really see it as the render is so decontrasted and dark, If it's a high poly maybe try Artem volchik's tutorial
  • Olli.
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 536 Replies
    did a bit of work on it and also made a proper render

rk62render1.jpg
    rk62render2.jpg
  • sneakymcfox
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 239 Replies
    Your edge thickness looks a little tight and doesn't look like it would bake very well, other than that it looks good and the renders look better, hope to see more soon :)
  • Xendance
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 463 Replies
    I can't see the trigger guard... I assume you haven't done that yet?

PS. TJ -764
  • Olli.
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 536 Replies
    Ive always gone with an unrealistically smooth edge style before to help baking, but this time i decided to go for a more realistic approach and keep the edge smoothness to what it is on the real thing.. i might go ahead and adjust the edges once i get the results of the first bake but for now ill keep it as it is.

trigger, trigger guard and magazine attaching knob thingy are all unfinished.

TJ 242 :)

20877862 seconds
  • Olli.
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 536 Replies
    rk62render3.jpg

finished

will take some refs at next week's camp, and then will fix whatever mistakes i find.

after that its low poly-ing and UVing for a few weekends.
  • Temexter
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1 Reply
    Looks awesome :)

If u'r intrested in supporting FDF mod for Project Reality, pls come to #prfdf @quakenet...

More info: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388-pr-bf2-community-modding/93013-pr-fdf-hilight-reel-1-1-1-2011-a.html
  • Olli.
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 536 Replies
    Finally managed to get to the next stage on this project.

The low poly model is done and UV mapped. Both AO and normals have been baked. I made 2 quick renders with the 100% unedited bakes, so there are some small things to fix, but I'll get on with that tomorrow.

lp_render_01.jpg
    lp_render_02.jpg

Will get started on the texture tomorrow.

6,2k tris
  • Olli.
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 536 Replies
    Been forgetting to keep this post up to date for a while.. heres a turntable of the new texture, and also a short video of the beginning of my rigging progress for ce3

[ame=" Army RK-62 turntable - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=" Army RK-62 animation wip - YouTube[/ame]
  • Millenia
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 727 Replies
    Looks ace - the edges are a bit sharp but it's a nice accurate model. I wanted to model this as well but I never got around to it.

So many mornings left 4 you :P
    I luckily got out in October 2010!
  • Olli.
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 536 Replies
    Alright so heres some news on this:
    I dont consider this finished, because im not too happy with how the gun looks right now, but I did sort of stop working on this when i got out of the army to focus more on environmental work (which is why nothing has happened for over 6 months)

Anyways, Im going to try and get some time to redo the texture (again) and finalize all the animations for crysis 2.

Also, a while back, the model was actually used in an insert about the RK-62 on a Finnish national TV programme called "Puoli Seitsem