Home Technical Talk

Is animating like this possible in 3ds max???

Sage
polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Sage polycounter lvl 19
Hey what's up? I was wondering if this kind of animation is possible in Max or any other 3d software. I believe what I want to do is possible in XSI...

Okay I was wondering if it's possible to animate all the motions of an object, save it out and easily assemble this up to create your final animation... by final animation I mean like in a movie where you can tell your actor it's time to shoot, jump, etc.

I'm not sure if this is clear, but I want to be able to create animations that are independent from the main timeline. It be similar to making a system of morph targets to do the action of what the character is doing...

okay it be like making several versions of a jump, walks, gun recoil, etc, then once all that is done i can drag and drop these animations where I want them to happen in the scenes timeline.

I'm wondering if I can create a library of animated objects and actions so I can re use them easily to create a final animation and render it out... Now that was hard to write down :D

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Replies

• low_seb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low_seb polycounter lvl 12
    hello

yeah its possible with animation system like CAT animation and also biped

both are integrated in max and support a layer system
  • Wrath
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wrath polycounter lvl 18
    Sage wrote: »
    Hey what's up? I was wondering if this kind of animation is possible in Max or any other 3d software. I believe what I want to do is possible in XSI...

Okay I was wondering if it's possible to animate all the motions of an object, save it out and easily assemble this up to create your final animation... by final animation I mean like in a movie where you can tell your actor it's time to shoot, jump, etc.

I'm not sure if this is clear, but I want to be able to create animations that are independent from the main timeline. It be similar to making a system of morph targets to do the action of what the character is doing...

okay it be like making several versions of a jump, walks, gun recoil, etc, then once all that is done i can drag and drop these animations where I want them to happen in the scenes timeline.

I'm wondering if I can create a library of animated objects and actions so I can re use them easily to create a final animation and render it out... Now that was hard to write down :D

Thanks in advance.

Alex

3DS Max has Motion Mixer, which works with biped and non-biped animations. It's a non-linear animation sequencer.

Haven't worked with CAT, but if it's anything like Puppet-shop it's just building its own interface into the same mixer system.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Regarding XSI, that sounds like the Animation Clips/ Clip Mixer.