Home Technical Talk

TF2: Spy watch help.

X82
I was hoping someone can shed some light on an issue.
I thought I would try to port over the enthusiast timepiece in replacement for the spy leather watch, cloak and dagger. I imported the timepiece smd into max, and then exported it at the cloak and dagger mdl. In the QC I used the line "$includemodel" and pointed to the original spy watch for the animations with the arms.

When I view this in model viewer there are no animations and the watch isnt on the arm, its floating off to the side.
Surely if Im asking it to use the original cloak and dagger animations then surely it should show up as so? In the model viewer the arm is way off centre also.
I have so many ideas of weapons for tf2, but when it comes to animations I suck big time.

Any ideas on this issue?

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    X82 wrote: »
    I imported the timepiece smd into max, and then exported it at the cloak and dagger mdl. In the QC I used the line "$includemodel" and pointed to the original spy watch for the animations with the arms.
    This really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You export a reference SMD out of max and compile the QC file to create the mdl file.

If you imported the original cloak and dagger smd file you should place your model exactly where it was, however due to issues with the decompiler most people use (cannonfodder) being ancient and out of date, that isn't always the correct position... Most of the problems you have are from the decompiler and require a lot of trial and error to fix, or maybe someone in the TF2 weapon replacement thread has already figured it out...