Home General Discussion

game industry!? :( Tell me the truth.

Replies

• BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    There are deadlines (target deadlines) to be met and you’re expected to be professional. It’s not fun when those two things are pushed to the breaking point. The bottom line is that it is a job. A lot of worker’s (and families) livelihood is reliant on producing a cost efficient quality product that will be profitable. Each and every member of the team is responsible for doing their part to accomplish those goals.

With that said, this job is fun! I actually do have a scooter that I’ll zoom through to office on. There are Nerf wars from time to time. There are a lot of opportunities to be social with the people around me. I love game art and my entire job is centered around making, or working with people who make, game art. I get up every morning excited to get to work. I truly wouldn’t want to do anything other than this “job”.

- BoBo
  • swidj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minotaur0 wrote: »
    You can check out this site before applying to a company, just to have a rough idea of how it is to work there:
    http://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm

That's a great tip! thanks Minotaur0, I always where is a good place to get company's insights :)