Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Not Another Zombie Head

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
watched bits of the thegnomonworkshop's zombie face tut and decided i wanted to make my own, so here is my attempt...

(like in the tutorial i used the zbrush demo_head and replaced the mouth with a different set that is separated into easy to use subtools via thegnomonworkshop)

early WIP shots, wanted to make sure everything was looking proportional for a zombie, any and all C&C welcomed : )

front.jpg
side.jpg

Replies

• Moosey_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The nose looks really crushed in, making him look half bear. Also the ears are really small. The neck looks pretty thick and long. I'm sure people will come along with more in depth crits though.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the nose is crushed in because its suppose to be rotted away a bit - not showing well yet
    i made the ears a bit bigger and moved them up, shortened the neck - but i didnt get the feel that it was overly thick... but if it turned out it is, easy fix

update1.jpg

spent more time trying to figure out what i wanted to do then i did doing anything today
    but i think im going to have the skull show through completely at points and was wondering on how some people here would go about doing it: just sculpt it on the same mesh, or somehow duplicate the head, shrink it and turn it into a skull and have it "poke" through here and there

chin.jpg
  • StuBurrito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StuBurrito polycounter lvl 7
    I think that the best thing that you could do would be to start with an actual human head. Your cheekbones are a touch narrow and the eyes are a little low. Once you get a good human head base that's when I would add in the sores/skin damage.
    Cheers
  • MainManiac
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol frell, i remember that thread - part of the reason i titled this one not another zombie head, also a reason i wanted to make one myself

in the end it kind of turned into a speed sculpt (short bursts of work spread over a couple days)

ill admit the texture on it needs work but its not a portfolio piece or anything by far, maybe ill pick it up again in the future but for now it was just something to get me back using zbrush : )

thanks for the feed back guys !

temp_final.jpg
    d