Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Servbot - Long Overdue Brawl Contest Entry

madmuffin
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
madmuffin polycounter lvl 7
I never got it finished on time (no kidding), but I still wanted to show off the model I tried to do for the Brawl contest.

Servbot_Redesign_Modelsheet_Smaller.png

I think it turned out okay. It's not perfect but I am happy with it.

Replies

• EiGHT
    Offline / Send Message
    EiGHT polycounter lvl 10
  • chriszuko
    Offline / Send Message
    chriszuko polycounter lvl 12
    God... I can hear the music now... Duh .. duh . duh .. de do le do. ehh nvm. Awesome Unfinished Job.
  • d1ver
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Congrats on finally wrapping up, madmuffin.
    Solid modeling and highpoly work. Unfortunately I feel that texturing is really letting the whole piece down. Put some more work into your texture and you'll be one solid package.
  • MeintevdS
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    I love the model but I have to agree that the textures are letting this piece down. Everything has a bit of a concrete feeling to it, apart from the butt which is more of a polished marble :D (since it's so reflective and shiny)

The specular map on the head is causing it to look super noisy and random. And since the head is something people tend to focus on you might want to avoid that.
    You also seem to use pretty much just solid colors for all parts making them look a bit boring. I think breaking those huge 1 colored areas up a bit might have worked better.

Still an impressive model though! Good job :D
  • madmuffin
    Offline / Send Message
    madmuffin polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah I agree with you two about the texturing. I just don't know how to fill big open flat areas with anything interesting. I tried throwing on some small random greebles but in pretty much every model i've ever done, I always feel like I am at a complete loss when it comes to large uninteresting plain areas. All I can do is add more dirt and scratches.

121px-MML3Servbot.png

Servbots themselves are pretty flat and boring, but that's no excuse.