Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Generic Modular Wall

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Mcejn polycounter lvl 12
Hey guys, so after seeing all of the incredible sci-fi art recently, I decided to spend an hour during work making something half decent resembling sci-fi.

Here's my attempt:

uGTTV.jpg

zxQ0Z.jpg

Roughly under an hours worth of work. Going to be starting up a big project soon, so critique away.

(yes, I know the type-text is terrible!)

Thanks! :)

-m

Replies

• Minos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minos polycounter lvl 16
    I think the pipes at the bottom would look much better if they were actually continuous. Here's a crappy paintover:
    2EP5y.jpg

You might also want to try a different color scheme, seems like you color picked PhilipK's sci-fi walls :P
  • Mcejn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mcejn polycounter lvl 12
    Awesome, thanks.

I didn't even make the connection to PhilipK's wall. Now I know I need to spend more time texturing for my next speed "thing".

Your tutorials specifically have helped inspire me to get back work on these types of things. They've been a great help.

Thank you!
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
    Looks great, but I would not make it completely flat. Ur bevel needs to come out in the HP.

Also, there's no micro detail in ur texture. Even the clean bits need some grunge.
  • Mcejn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mcejn polycounter lvl 12
    Tried out marmoset.

Not very happy with it, but not bad for a few minutes. Valuable practice though, and feedback!

zcIFc.jpg