Home Technical Talk

ZBrush 4 polygroups issue

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been asked before. My ZBrush 4 is having problems with the polygroups navigation. I don't seem to remember this happening before...

It seems to be completely unresponsive if I try to hide a polygroup :/

Has anyone else run in to this? I've seen others complaining about it online, but haven;t seen any solutions.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Are you opening a fresh scene/canvas with a tool? I heard that saving via File (the new option to save everything in your scene in one click) in ZB4 can cause such problem.

Also, do you have custom keys/UI? Messing around with the Polygroup functions can have some nasty effects.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Unresponsive!. I assume you have a symmetry on right?

Poly groups are unresponsive sometimes, when you have symmetry on in zbrush.

I had this problem 2 days ago. I was trying to create poly groups by selecting parts of the mesh. When I created them, it wont select the poly groups. This fix is as easy as clicking the X, though its a bit more work. You have to break it down to low level res, make sure the one side is matched to the other side. This error occurs to both mirrored objects such as eyes, and Poly groups.

Try this (though its a bit more work.) If that fails than send an error report to Pixologic, I guess. =\
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    I sometimes have a problem with ZB forgetting key binds for Undo(ctrl-z) and sym (x).

So i either have to re-bind them or close down and restart, which doesn't always work.

Check the keys related to polygroups are still rebound (Shift-ctrl by default, etc)

I doubt its this, worth checking though
  • Jon Rush
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys - I'll try this stuff tonight when I get home.

This issue doesn't persist on my computer at work, so at least I know I'm not going crazy! :P
  • Jon Rush
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the pointers guys! I tried them all, and found out the solution to be much more simple...

Preferences--> Interface --> Click Distance and Click Time settings were just a tad too low.

Knocked those upwards just a tad and it's working as expected now.