Home Unreal Engine

Vertex Paint issue

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
So I just started learning vertex painting and ran into an issue. The screen shot is of the mesh, and for some reasons it's not showing the textures on the mesh, even though the material is plugged in, and I'm pretty sure the material is correct, I followed Chris Albeluhn's tutorial. Maybe I exported the mesh wrong? I am using softimage. Here is the mesh and the material, thanks in advance.

paint.jpg
mesh.jpg

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
    try taking the texture coordinate off of your brick texture. and if that doesnt work, try only using the brick and wall texture with the alpha in the diffuse only. unplug spec n normal.
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram: Thanks for the reply, but that didn't fix it :( Removing the spec and the normal did something, but not much. It's like my mesh doesn't have the material applied, even though it is. Here is a screen of my mesh in the Mesh Editor, not sure if there is something special I have to do. Do you know specifically how to apply vertex colours in Softimage? Found some stuff on how to apply Vertex colour maps, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

error2.jpg
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Create a new material and apply just a basic diffuse and tile it, see if that works. If it does, try a simple Lerp setup and see where that goes.
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel: Thanks for the response, found out the problem was how I was exporting. Wasn't working out of soft, but out of Maya the mesh worked properly.