Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Realistic Anatomy Man (WIP)

Hi all, I am doing mi first complete realistic character in ZBrush. My objective is to do it an avarage man, with something like a superhero body to show the muscles clearly. Im trying to do it anatomically correct as well as I can. Its my first realistic character. Just now im working in the head, the entire body is only the sketch up while im doing the face. Please, any critique is welcome!
I hope you like:

realisticmanwipfront2.jpg
realisticmanwipside2.jpg
realisticmanwipback2.jpg
headskullfwip.jpg
headskullswip.jpg
musclesbpr.jpg

Replies

• Raider
    Offline / Send Message
    Raider polycounter lvl 9
    You looking at reference? because a lot of your muscle groups are completely wrong. Also what's with the skull if you're doing a man why are you concerned over anthropology? Because it looks like you're trying to do a Caucasian yet you have some features of a mongoloid skull etc. Probably best bet is to decide what you want, get the references and then go for it.
  • Grimngor
    Raider wrote: »
    You looking at reference? because a lot of your muscle groups are completely wrong. Also what's with the skull if you're doing a man why are you concerned over anthropology? Because it looks like you're trying to do a Caucasian yet you have some features of a mongoloid skull etc. Probably best bet is to decide what you want, get the references and then go for it.
    Thanks for your opinion, the entire body muscles are just a sketch up for now, meanwhile im doing the head. I know the muscles and muscle groups are not correct because its only a general figure to start with.
    About the Head, im doing step by step from the bones, muscles and for the last the skin because im doing this model to practicce and learn anatomy.
    In any case, yes im trying to do a caucasian, why exactly do you feel its like a mongoloid skull?
    Thanks a lot for your help! :D
  • Bon
    Proportionally this looks pretty sound but I am having trouble understanding why you have a mix of skeleton, muscle and skin in irregular ways. For example the skull is still on show along with muscle but the nose is fleshed out. Just interested as to your workflow. Good work though!
  • Grimngor
    Bon wrote: »
    Proportionally this looks pretty sound but I am having trouble understanding why you have a mix of skeleton, muscle and skin in irregular ways. For example the skull is still on show along with muscle but the nose is fleshed out. Just interested as to your workflow. Good work though!
    First i began sculpting the skull head, but not truly a skull, only the most important bones that will take more influence in the final fleshed head.
    Then over the bones, i sculpt the major muscle groups of the face to continue refining the overall face look. And the nose is there because i do this images when i just began the fleshing step... :D

All of this procedure, its to make sure that the final model its anatomically perfect as well as I can. Also my objective its to learn anatomy for future projects. This is a formative project, because of that I am doing all these steps.

Very Thanks for your opinions!
  • Mattaphylactic
    Am I right in thinking you're doing Scott Spencer's tutorial?
  • Grimngor
    Am I right in thinking you're doing Scott Spencer's tutorial?
    Yes im doing this for learning, and I am following the Scott Spencer´s book, but with a personal touch. :)
  • Grimngor
    After many hours, I just finished the head and the neck. Where I had more problems has been by far the eyes. I finally succeeded, masking to do the overlay within the upper and lower eyelid, and using the Standard Brush with a circular alpha to refine the edge of the eyelid. I used the Pinch brush to give the final touches. And obviously move brush constantly to adjust the shape of the eyelids around the globe.
    The rest of the face did not cost me so much, I used mainly ClayTubes Brush without alfa to sculpting the basic shapes the face. And some Standard + Pinch for details, such as lips, nose and ears.

That´s all, I hope you like it, please if you see errors, I will be delighted to hear the reviews!

finalheadbpr.jpg
    finalheadfront.jpg
    finalheadside.jpg
  • Grimngor
  • Damytria
    Offline / Send Message
    Damytria polycounter lvl 7
    Here's a link that you might find helpful as you work on this project.

http://www.scott-eaton.com/2007/the-archer

He creates some really convincing digital sculptures in Zbrush, and has an emphasis on how the skin contorts over muscles as opposed to popping and bulging every muscle, which a considerable amount of 3D Artists do.
  • woogity
    few critiques on the head, first off the sternomastoid looks crooked, muscles dont really bend, the kinda just push and pull in most cases, it should be straight. also your cheekbones are waaaay overdefined, give the guy a little more flesh on his face. you are missing the planar area at the temple that is typically fairly flat, it bubbles a bit in your base. your jaw line is also waaaaay too defined, and your ears are really flat. model more in perspective and the side angles, the front looks pretty good, but he sides are pretty jacked atm the face is very flat on the front of the head certain elements such as the mouth and the eyes should be set further back in relation to the front of the face in your side view.

hope it helps

-Woog
  • Grimngor
    Damytria wrote: »
    Here's a link that you might find helpful as you work on this project.

http://www.scott-eaton.com/2007/the-archer

He creates some really convincing digital sculptures in Zbrush, and has an emphasis on how the skin contorts over muscles as opposed to popping and bulging every muscle, which a considerable amount of 3D Artists do.

Hey Thanks, get sure that I am going to take a look at that!! Thanks a lot!
  • Grimngor
    woogity wrote: »
    few critiques on the head, first off the sternomastoid looks crooked, muscles dont really bend, the kinda just push and pull in most cases, it should be straight. also your cheekbones are waaaay overdefined, give the guy a little more flesh on his face. you are missing the planar area at the temple that is typically fairly flat, it bubbles a bit in your base. your jaw line is also waaaaay too defined, and your ears are really flat. model more in perspective and the side angles, the front looks pretty good, but he sides are pretty jacked atm the face is very flat on the front of the head certain elements such as the mouth and the eyes should be set further back in relation to the front of the face in your side view.

hope it helps

-Woog

Lot of thanks, sincerely!! I am posting in this forum because i want just what you have given me, critiques to improve my model and my modeling skills. Lot of thanks, I am going to work on all the things you said to me. I will post the corrected head once finished! Thanks again!
  • MainManiac
  • Grimngor
    OK I finished the corrections of the head! Please tell me what do you think, it´s the model better now? Thanks again!

finalheadfront2.jpg
    finalheadside2.jpg
  • Grimngor
    Hi all again,
    After a intense summer i have recovered this model. Now i have finished the entire body of the character. Just hands and feet remains.
    Please tell me what do you think about the proportions and forms in general.

cuerpocompleto.jpg